need immediate feedback pleaeese!!

What kind of shaving brush do you use? Tell us all about it!
gil3591

need immediate feedback pleaeese!!

Post by gil3591 »

guys, there's a ch2 in best on the bay ending in 90 minutes. do i want it??? i didn't care for my polo 8 in best, too scritchy but the ch2 has such a reputation. my other option is to go with a tgn 24x57 knot in silvertip which should be about a 50-52 once it's installed in the handle. looking at face lathering. (i know, i'm nuts but every forum needs a guy like me :wink: the tgn should cost less than the ch2. about 1/2
Gil
futur/EJ357/ gillette redtip
iridium ,blue IP
thater, shavemac.anchorset/tgn,sr3226
dirty bird
and a prayer
Thalay Sagar

Post by Thalay Sagar »

Gil, I think if you found the Polo too scritchy, then you would probably find the same result with the CH2. I say spend some more and get the Super. (Enable, enable, enable).
Best,
Chris

“Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
gil3591

Post by gil3591 »

Thalay Sagar wrote:Gil, I think if you found the Polo too scritchy, then you would probably find the same result with the CH2. I say spend some more and get the Super. (Enable, enable, enable).
i am thinking the best maybe less of a lather hog since the ch's are so dense. i'm not interested in the supers cause of the density. remember, i went with the tubby cause i wanted a polo 8 knot in a ch handle
Gil
iridium ,blue IP
dirty bird
and a prayer
Ken

Post by Ken »

I think that it is very difficult to know. The hair used in one of these brushes may vary depending on when the brush was made. That's why it is always better to look at the brush in person, if possible.

Ken
Fido

Post by Fido »

This is what I said about my Chubby 2 in Best. My closing remarks show perhaps the origin of my thoughts about the need for a slightly smaller brush:

http://fidosshavingbrushblog.blogspot.c ... -best.html
Thalay Sagar

Post by Thalay Sagar »

Are the Bests less dense than the Supers? I've never tried a Simfix Best and Super in the same model so I can't give any relevant info as to the question and am curious. I can say that my T3 3-band Super is not a lather hog and is remarkably soft on the face, but different knot and all that. And it sure doesn't have the lather release of a good boar, but then what does?
Best,
Chris

“Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Fido

Post by Fido »

Individual brushes do vary. But the Chubby Super 2 brushes I have been able directly to compare have been more dense than the Best.
gil3591

Post by gil3591 »

with 16m left it's at $100 and more than i'm willing to go so the point is mute :lol:
Gil
iridium ,blue IP
dirty bird
and a prayer
gil3591

Post by gil3591 »

well, i suffered from sbad but survived. i actually bid way more than i wanted to but still lost and still have remorse. i probably would have had remorse if i had won the brush. so it appears there is no happy ending when you suffer from sbad. if i had won the brush i would have wanted an intervention :shock:
Gil
iridium ,blue IP
dirty bird
and a prayer
drumana

Post by drumana »

The CH2 in best is one of those brushes that I'm fairly certain I won't get on with (too big a knot) but I still want to try one anyways. It's inevitable, unfortunately.
-Andrew-
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

fairly certain I won't get on with
Andrew, is Gil in your address book???? LOL

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
m3m0ryleak

Post by m3m0ryleak »

Gil, think of it as the one that got away... :lol:
Tony

"They say that dreams are growing wild just this side of Burma Shave" - Tom Waits
churchilllafemme

Chubby 2 Best

Post by churchilllafemme »

I actually won that Chubby 2 in Best. I'm looking forward to comparing its various qualities to those of my Chubby 3 Manchurian and Chubby 3 Super, both of which are dense and neither of which is really scritchy.
_______
John