What's your current favorite beer?

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
nteeman

Post by nteeman »

As I have discovered red wine lately, I haven't been drinking much beer, but when I did these were my most common brews:

1-Bass Ale
2-Sam Adams Lager
3-Anchor Steam
4-Sierra Nevada
5-Guiness Stout
6-Pete's Wicked Ale

I must note that I'd always try new brews but there a couple of beers I would never drink--even if they were that last beers on earth- Corona(yuk, spit) and Coors(yuk, spit, spit, spit).
Last edited by nteeman on Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
hedonist

Post by hedonist »

Tucher and Sam Adams
Enrico

Post by Enrico »

Yeungling Lager
Beamish Irish Stout
Stegmaier Porter
Sleeman Original Dark
Sleeman Porter

Steve
Dragon, Interrupted

Post by Dragon, Interrupted »

Corona = blech. tasteless, pisspoor excuse for beer. I wouldn't serve it to an enemy.

Aspen Black and Tan is a good brew. Seems to be a small outfit. Good, dark body and plenty of flavor.

How about NA's? (I'm not a heretic, really!) On a whim I bought a six pack of O'Doul's Amber, and you know what? It's pretty good.

~James
marktheshoeshineboy

Post by marktheshoeshineboy »

it is whatever is in my buddies icebox, because it is FREE.....usually budlight, busch...

mark TSSB
Esoteric83

Post by Esoteric83 »

Guiness Draught...This is my favorite tasting beer and my drink of choice when I go to a pub for a drink or two...

However, I'm 22 and quite enjoy binge drinking and more than 5 or 6 Guiness don't sit two well and the thinkness gets to me...My most frequently purchased beer is Kokanee...Great tasting, refreshing canadian pilsner lager...Also Alexander Keiths is another great Canadian Beer, but I prefer Keiths on tap as opposed to in a bottle...Also, they market these six pack of tall cans that are great before heading out to a bar...

Another favorite of mine is Lowenbrau...
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

I've never met a cold beer that I didn't like :lol: .
kal

Post by kal »

1. Guiness
2. Guiness
3. Guiness
Dragon, Interrupted

Post by Dragon, Interrupted »

*grins* Looks like Guiness is a real winner. Draught is good, but Extra Stout is extra nice.

~James
Cmk

Post by Cmk »

Little Creatures' Pale Ale (Fremantle, Australia). A little micro brewery that serves liquid heaven. Best ale I've ever had. No export though :/

My favourite beer I can drink on a regular basis is a pale ale from a norwegian micro brewery (Nøgne Ø (Naked Island)). Though $8 for a pint is excessive, I can usually find the funds to buy at least one bottle a weekend.

Also: John Smith, Guinness, Oslo Micro brewery India Pale Ale, Dark Hansa.

Most of the traditional Norwegian Christmas Ales (available from november through to the new year or until sold out) are also great. Dark and malty like no other :)

The beer I drink the most of is Oslo's pilsener, Ringnes (though only from glass bottles, cans taste horrible).
Last edited by Cmk on Sun May 01, 2005 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What have I gotten myself into?
Cmk

Post by Cmk »

drmoss_ca wrote:You're reminding me of a dim memory of Norwegian beer 30+ years ago - I think it was called something like Vorterol (I think it meant 'whirlpool') and tasted somewhat less than spectacular.

Chris
Vørterøl.

There's no alcohol in it, just malt, hop, water (and co2). I wouldn't call it beer. My dictionary translates it to "malt beer" which can't possibly be right.

Either way, bleh.
What have I gotten myself into?
robofunk

Post by robofunk »

to name just a few favorites (can you tell i like beer):

duvel
paulaner
ommegang
ommegang three philosophers
arrogant bastard ale
yuengling (ugly duckling of the list)
maudite
victory golden monkey
old rasputin russian imperial stout
celebrator doppel bock
victory storm king stout
guenron
Ich wünsche, daß ich deutsch war

Post by guenron »

My goodness, I slipped on my slobber! Mmmmm!
How about a nice Porter! Most any is fine with me.
Or a Bischhoffs Brau von Winnweiler im Pfaltz.
Regards,
Ron

Better Living Thru Lather
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

Post by Chris »

robofunk wrote:
victory storm king stout
A man of great taste, we have here!

That is GREAT stuff. My favorite stout....speaking of stout, tried a great one recently brewed I believe by a Cambridge, Mass brewery...it was called "Espresso Stout". Fantastic stuff.
Sitting in the morning sun
I'll be sitting when the evening comes
Watching the ships roll in
And I watch 'em roll away again
JohnP
Hookahman

Post by JohnP »

I like a LOT of beers....
Boddingtons is good (an old chief clued me in to it)
Guinness, especially on tap
Sam Adams....almost anything they make, although I haven't seen this "black lager" sounds good....
A few others.

I used to really like Killians red, but while it is still good, I wonder if they have changed the formula, as it doesn't seem to taste as good to me as it once did.
John P
AACJ
Bot Monitor, Poll Lover

Post by AACJ »

I make my own beer, but I was forced to buy a can of Budweiser to shove into the back end of a chicken yesterday. You haven't had good chicken till you've had beer butt chicken.
Art

"This world would be a much better place if people didn't enjoy being victims so much." - Reggs
robofunk

Post by robofunk »

AACJ wrote:I make my own beer, but I was forced to buy a can of Budweiser to shove into the back end of a chicken yesterday. You haven't had good chicken till you've had beer butt chicken.
lol! i've never heard that. i have heard "drunk chicken"

i will have to try this out soon...
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

Post by Chris »

2 new favorite beers:

1. Samuel Adam's Summer Ale: Simply the best summer ale I have ever had. Light, clean (almost heffenweizen) with a tad of lemon. Delightful and refreshing.

2. Chimay Ale Grand Reserve: Ah, Chimay. The traditional trappist ale made by Belgian monks. Tried a large bottle of their Grand Reserve last night. Quite strong and delicious. Spicey with a bit of bite. I love this, but then again, I like all of the Chimay ales...
Sitting in the morning sun
I'll be sitting when the evening comes
Watching the ships roll in
And I watch 'em roll away again
robofunk

Post by robofunk »

Chris wrote:2 new favorite beers:
1. Samuel Adam's Summer Ale: Simply the best summer ale I have ever had. Light, clean (almost heffenweizen) with a tad of lemon. Delightful and refreshing.
i had bought a keg of summer ale for a party last summer. the attendees being mostly in their early twenties weren't used to to the quality (which they appreciated).
Scotto

Post by Scotto »

Guinness is great, but in summer it doesn't do it for me.

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is my standby - amazing hoppiness on top of a solid malt background.

I did a lot of brewing in my college days, but that went by the wayside when I had kids.

Proust,

Scotto