Eucris shaving soap in a bowl by Trumpers

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
the_prince

Eucris shaving soap in a bowl by Trumpers

Post by the_prince »

Has anyone ever heard of the Trumper's Eucris Soap before? I have never seen it even in Trumper's own shop.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GEO-F-TRUMPERS-EU ... 3f073b5101
Best Regards,
Sami
Esoteric83

Post by Esoteric83 »

It has been out for couple months now, at least. Mixed reviews can be found here on SMF. Scent wise the stuff seems to get praise, but the performance seems to be 'off' for many who have compared it to the traditional GFT soaps.
ATLpr8head

Post by ATLpr8head »

the scent is dead on with the cologne and I find the performance fine. I have only come across one poor performing Trumpers soap but I think it was a bad batch. Its bad because I enjoyed the scent (violet) but the sadly, williams out performed it by a long shot. I have the Limes, Almond, Eucris, and Rose currently and they all work well for me.
Shawn
Bargepole
Beam me up Scotty

Post by Bargepole »

My experience: it's a good smell but the performance isn't quite as substantial as the other Trumper soaps. Lord knows why that should be, but, for me at any rate, it is. Not that it's bad. "Bad" I reserve for the Knize Ten (to my sorrow). But it's just not great.
Michael

People say it's never too late. How wrong they are. --Felix Dennis
Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

I find it doesn't perform on par with the other Trumper soaps. It smells great though.
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."
the_prince

Post by the_prince »

Thanks everyone. I really loved the look of the black bowl, the cologne also looks amazing and is one of my favourite bottle designs ever. I will give it a miss as I usually don't like cologne scented soaps anyway.
Best Regards,
Sami
MikekiM

Post by MikekiM »

I bought it after I sniffed a sample and eyed the cool black bowl. The scent brought back memories of Calvin Cologne my dad used to wear.

However.. the performance was disappointing and the scent was over-powering. I just sold the nearly unused puck after it languished for months in the B/S/T post on another forum...
Teiste

Post by Teiste »

Nice bowl and scent but I sold mine since I like other soaps much better.
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

It might not be quite up to the other Trumper soaps, but it's not that bad. I'm keeping mine.

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
Teiste

Post by Teiste »

drmoss_ca wrote:It might not be quite up to the other Trumper soaps, but it's not that bad. I'm keeping mine.

Chris
Dont get me wrong : its a nice shaving soap,but after trying the coconut and the rose ones,I find it a step behind those (skin care protection wise).
BTW,the classic Male Scottish fine soap has almost the same formulation than the Eucris and has a really nice scent too.
brothers

Post by brothers »

Teiste wrote:Nice bowl and scent but I sold mine since I like other soaps much better.
Early on I thought it was great, then I came to realize it wasn't on a par with the other GFT soaps, a different formula. I also like many other soaps much better. Come to think of it, I don't have any Trumper's products except a brush with the GFT brand on it. I'm much happier with Taylor's and Harris soaps.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
whitebar

Post by whitebar »

When I first saw it I found the black bowl appealing but after reading several reviews from folks whose opinion I trust, I never got around to trying it. A soap needs more than a fancy bowl to make it into my den.
-Stephen
Steve

Post by Steve »

I use Trumpers, Rose, Sandalwood and Eucris. In my opinion they all perform excellent and Eucris is a great scent! It's a bit stronger than the other scents but I love it!

Steve
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

Steve wrote:I use Trumpers, Rose, Sandalwood and Eucris. In my opinion they all perform excellent and Eucris is a great scent! It's a bit stronger than the other scents but I love it!

Steve
Same here. It's a keeper.