excited to try my new products

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
jpq5

excited to try my new products

Post by jpq5 »

Just made a purchase with Qed and I cant wait to use them. I bought D.R. Harris pink aftershave, 100 feather blades, and trumpers lime cream.

If anyone, as I'm sure you have used these, let me know how they've worked out for you.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that
genius has it's limits. ---Albert Einstein
DavidB

Post by DavidB »

Trumper Limes was one of the first creams I ever bought (also from QED by the way) and it remains one of my very favorites. I shaved with it this morning. Stellar performance paired with a fabulous scent. Can't say enough good about this one.

Dave
gil3591

Post by gil3591 »

the feathers are no nonsense for sure. i don't have the trouble with them as some guys do but they only last 2-2.5 shaves for me. you can feel them go south on you as your shaving. if you use and adjustable dial it down a notch otherwise decrease the blade angle a tad.
Gil
futur/EJ357/ gillette redtip
iridium ,blue IP
thater, shavemac.anchorset/tgn,sr3226
dirty bird
and a prayer
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Trumpers Lime was also one of my first bona-fide english premier creams which I purchased. The scent is out of this world -- fresh, and not overpowering.

I like feathers mated to my undated gold tech -- they are wonderful with that razor.

I have always wanted to test the waters with Pink, but being scent sensitive, have never gotten up the courage. Next time I am in London, perhaps I'll drop into the shop and pick up a sample.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Can't speak as to the aftershave but I'm a big fan of the other two.
Regards,
Squire
Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

The pink aftershave is one of the best, if not the best aftershave. The Trumper's Limes is very nice. The colour is a pale green, and the scent is very good for a lime cream. The Feather blades are hit and miss for me. As I said before, I can get real good shaves and real bad shaves from the same package of blades.
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Trumper Limes cream was likewise for me the first truly top shelf cream I ever used and it remains one of my favourites ( which reminds me, my pot of it is running a bit low ). D R Harris's Pink Aftershave is the ONLY A/S product that I use, so I guess that tells you what I think about that. Feather DE blades, however, have never worked well for me...they always cause irritation regardless of the razor that I use them in. And I'm not the only one. However, some other experianced shavers here swear by them. They are unquestionably a quality product and you'll just have to see if they work well for you or not.
Regards,
Gordon
vtmax

Post by vtmax »

Great choice from QED. I'll just agree that the Limes is fantastic. It seems to be one of those creams people start with and just keep using. Paired with the Limes Skin Food and Extract of Limes aftershave it's heaven.

Max
Craig_From_Cincy

Post by Craig_From_Cincy »

Same story here, Trumper Limes was my first English creams. Although I use their Limes soap more often these days, Trumper's Limes Cream is still in my rotation.
Cheers,

Craig
jpq5

Post by jpq5 »

thanks for all the input. I've enjoyed the trumpers lime cream way more than I expected. The blades are great and so is the pink aftershave.

On a plus note....QED was nice enough to ship my order with three samples. DR Harris arlington cream and aftershave, and coates cream.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that
genius has it's limits. ---Albert Einstein
desertbadger

Post by desertbadger »

Nitrox wrote:The pink aftershave is one of the best, if not the best aftershave.
+1......which reminds me I have to order more soon.

Regards,
David
Regards,
David
Thalay Sagar

Post by Thalay Sagar »

The Pink rocks; Feathers are just too much blade for me; and I have a low opinion of Trumper's creams (and, really, the veggie soaps, although not as low as it used to be), but in this I am in what I believe to be the minority. Still, if you don't like any of them you]ll have no probs selling them.
Best,
Chris

“Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy