weeper theory

New to the world of wet-shaving? Grab a desk and be seated! Welcome to SMFU: A place to learn and compare notes about the ABC's of wet shaving. From brushes to creams, razors and more...We've got it all!
gil3591

Post by gil3591 »

well guys. you have taken this thread a long way! when i started it i was just suggesting that it may be very likely a razor made from pot metal and mass produced could have a slight irregularity that the naked eye may miss. i don't think it would take much to make a blade edge that cuts on a molecular level take a slight warp that would cause a problem
Gil
futur/EJ357/ gillette redtip
iridium ,blue IP
thater, shavemac.anchorset/tgn,sr3226
dirty bird
and a prayer
Craig_From_Cincy

Post by Craig_From_Cincy »

bernards66 wrote:Craig, Well...there you go. Essentially a 'technique error' or poor judgement.
Regards,
Gordon
Methinks a bit of both Gordon. :oops:
Cheers,

Craig
kingfisher

Post by kingfisher »

Lord Ponsenberry Smyth wrote:Jeepers, creepers, how'd you get those weepers !

I think the majority of experienced DE shavers seldom if ever get weepers.

I think for the majority of DE shavers there are no rules re technique other than to do what comes naturally.

I beleive using a DE is as natural as combing or brushing your hair. - ( apologies to those that are bald.)
+1. Haven't had a weeper in over a year. Shave every day with a Slim and a Feather blade.
"If we had steak, we could have steak and eggs, if we had some eggs."
SirWhiskers

Post by SirWhiskers »

I found it to also be a combination of razor and blade. I have no problem with Feather blades in razors such as Feather AS, Tech, EJ DE89L and even Mühle R41 open comb. But in a Gillette NEW long comb, I could not get a shave without weepers, the combination seemed to be too much for my skin to take. Same NEW razor was fine with Iridium or Astra SP blades.
Have a great shave!
My (anything but) Zen Den
harper

Post by harper »

I get weepers from time to time and I don't think it is always technique although that is a consideration at times. Two things cause me to get a modest weeper: the condition of my skin ... which changes for all of us from time to time ... and the shaving cream is too sparse in the area I am shaving. I find that I can get great shaves for a couple of months with a DE or a multi-cartridge but then my whiskers seem to adjust to the razor and I need to change for a time. Most of the time I get my best shaves using a DE for my cheeks and chin but a multi-blade for my neck area but I will periodically use the multi-blade for the full shave. I also find the multi-blade easier to shave around my moustache and side burns because it is smaller and easier to shave the area where I want to shave. I might add that by using both a DE and a multi-blade I get a lot more shaves out of each, less a cost factor with a DE than a cartridge which I find overpriced.