The Blade Count or How I lost my Mind and became a Hoarder

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
JarmoP

Post by JarmoP »

It is good to get them blades if you still can.
Myself I have only 1 "swede" blade in packgage, maybe 2 of the scandinavian capital ones. Well Espoo is not a finnish capital, but rather a large city nearby.

And 2 Surrey swedes and then over 100-140 Iridiums that Gordon tells are like Surrey swedes.

Regarding Feathers and Red Personnas and also the Crystals. There is a big difference. Feather is too sharp for me for what ever reasons. No matter how gentle I try to shave, and i have given a lots of chances, it just is not my fave blade. Almost any other blade, barring maybe Merkurs, will give me a gentle shave.

But as of now, how long are DE blades of any quality, any more manufactured? They might just stop quite soon all them blades, since cartridges are so much easier and dont need any technique to learn.

I will then gather (hoard) aenough of the middle of the road blades still in existing today, fast. To last my lifetime.
Jarmo
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

barring maybe Merkurs,
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

best blade evah!!

hahaha

clive

sorry, couldnt resist...all the resident merkur fans have gone awol
de gustibus non est disputandum
JarmoP

Post by JarmoP »

I'm a big fan of Merkur razors, just not the blades :)
Jarmo
ScottB

Re: The Blade Count or How I lost my Mind and became a Hoard

Post by ScottB »

mikey wrote:Sure, but I really didn't want to deal with eBay.

Thanks,
Mike
A direct link to a BIN auction is a problem? I thought you would be delighted. Perhaps I've misunderstood.

Those Merkurs... a pack of them came with my Vision razor and I remember tearing up my face pretty good with them and wondering if I was going to be able to wetshave at all. The Feathers seemed pretty good compared to the Merkurs and the Red IPs seem pretty good compared to the Feathers. Its interesting how the Merkurs are so expensive yet offer that kind of performance. Some kind of micro-burring or something going on with those Merkurs.

Scott
alcx77

Post by alcx77 »

LookingGlass wrote:Wow...that is a lot of blades. How did the significant other manage this acquisition. :shock: :shock: ?

A main point I gleaned from this post is the words about the IP Red. One of my best, comfortable shaves is one of these in my '59 Fatboy. For some reason this blade/razor combo rocks for me.

Ed
Blades dont take up much space hence are easy to hide. :lol:
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Yeah, the tough part is assuming an innocent expression.
Regards,
Squire
ScottB

Post by ScottB »

alcx77 wrote: Blades dont take up much space hence are easy to hide. :lol:
My shave den is in the guest house (not on the beaten path) and "blades don't take up much space" lol. Here is a peek at my stash. A large-ish shipment of injectors is still in transit. My modest bathsoap collection is on the top shelf:

Scott
alcx77

Post by alcx77 »

Squire wrote:I'm not Scott but to me the LB Wilkinsons and Persona 74s are about equal. Both are so darn good there is no comparison to current blades.
Gives a whole new meaning to the expression "The Good old days".