Extracting QED soap from its container

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
ScottB

Extracting QED soap from its container

Post by ScottB »

I like to keep my soap in glass bowls as a "loose puck" so I can drop them into a scuttle. QED soaps come hot-poured in something like a creme pot. So, what to do?

A member suggested heating and pouring into the bowl on waxpaper and that would likely work but I thought I might be able to get the soap out more directly.

The pots seem very brittle so I just made a small cut on the rim of one with a tin-snip. The whole pot immediately cracked completely in half and the intact soap puck tumbled out in perfect condition. Thats Fresh Lime and Wild Orange.

Scott
ATLpr8head

Post by ATLpr8head »

Scott,
I read your post 6 times and still cant figure out what you are asking. What are you looking for? Dont want to sound like an ass but I cant figure it out. Hope someone can help you out. I have an obvious answer but I dont know if its what you are looking for.
Shawn
mikey

Post by mikey »

Shawn,

He wasn't really asking a question. He wanted to remove QED soap from its container without having to melt and pour and described what he did (with photo and text).

Clear as mud?

Thanks,
Mike
kooshman7

Post by kooshman7 »

I have a puck of QED soap that was loose enough to come out free of the container. I noticed one day I felt some rattling as I was using it and I turned it upside down and a few shakes later it popped right out. So sometimes you can get lucky and have your cake and eat it too! Or in this case have your soap and your container too! :D
Joe
Steve

Post by Steve »

Scott,

How did you snip it, from top to bottom? I used to use a sharp knife and carve around the edge of the container. It worked pretty good but your method sounds a lot easier.

Steve
ScottB

Post by ScottB »

Steve wrote:Scott,

How did you snip it, from top to bottom? I used to use a sharp knife and carve around the edge of the container. It worked pretty good but your method sounds a lot easier.

Steve
One 1/4" cut on the rim (top) with a tin-snip cracked both pots in half.

The scent of these soaps is amazing isn't it? Which one do you have?

Scott
Steve

Post by Steve »

Scott,

I used to use the Bay Rum and Sandalwood. Bay Rum is not available anymore so I just use the Sandalwood now. I have never tried the citrus scents. The Lavender is pretty good too!

Thanks for the tip!

Steve