Back from hiatus and seeking pro hone/sharpen

Use a straight. You know it makes sense.
hoffo

Back from hiatus and seeking pro hone/sharpen

Post by hoffo »

Hi all,
Been absent for a while after a "world tour" on Uncle Sam's dime and another "involuntary vacation". Back for a while and looking to start using my straights again.
I have a handful of old and new straights I'd like to have a pro look at and hone / sharpen for me - I'd definitely compensate whomever decided to hook it up. I want to learn myself - I have stones, hones, strops, etc... but I'd like to at least have a really good sharpened edge to start with so I know what to work up to.

If you'd like to, or know someone who would, please let me know through either the forum or PM me.
Thanks for your time.
Scott
Made with Macintosh!
brothers

Post by brothers »

Scott, try Gssixgun, a member here and a moderator at SRP.

Edit: there are a couple of other regular posters here at SMF who might be interested, even though I don't think they refer to themselves as pros as you've mentioned, Perhaps one or more of them might post or send you an email.

PS: thanks for your service.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Hey Scott, you have pm.
Regards,
Squire
brothers

Re: Back from hiatus and seeking pro hone/sharpen

Post by brothers »

hoffo wrote:Hi all,
Been absent for a while after a "world tour" on Uncle Sam's dime and another "involuntary vacation". Back for a while and looking to start using my straights again.
I have a handful of old and new straights I'd like to have a pro look at and hone / sharpen for me - I'd definitely compensate whomever decided to hook it up. I want to learn myself - I have stones, hones, strops, etc... but I'd like to at least have a really good sharpened edge to start with so I know what to work up to.

If you'd like to, or know someone who would, please let me know through either the forum or PM me.
Thanks for your time.
Scott
Scott, I'm just wondering if you've located anyone to help you out.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
hoffo

Post by hoffo »

Hi,
Thanks for your help! I'll shoot 'em a message and see if he can help me out. I've been busy with work and haven't been able to really get on that yet.

I'll let you know -
Take care and thanks again for your help!
Scott
Made with Macintosh!
pinklather

Post by pinklather »

Hoffo,

I've had work from gssixgun a few times. Its excellent & he's great to work with.

Should you need periodic honing/touch-up, would be glad to do for only cost of return postage.

If I read you right, you just served. Thank You. 'Glad you're back safe & sound.
SmallTank

Post by SmallTank »

PM me if you need any rehone/cleanup work on your straights

ST