Jagerooney

New to the world of wet-shaving? Grab a desk and be seated! Welcome to SMFU: A place to learn and compare notes about the ABC's of wet shaving. From brushes to creams, razors and more...We've got it all!
churchilllafemme

Jagerooney

Post by churchilllafemme »

Just to clarify for me, is a "jaggerooney" a brush made by Rooney for Edwin Jagger? Thanks.
_______
John
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

I can't read that without thinking Jabberwocky.
Regards,
Squire
churchilllafemme

I'm looking for the vorpal truth.
_______
John
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

John, I believe Rooney offered some razors with horn handles that were made by Parker. Guys liked the handles but not the shaving heads, so some screwed an Edwin Jagger or Muehle shaving head onto the Rooney/Parker handle.

- Murray
churchilllafemme

Ah, thanks, Murray. I get it now.
_______
John
brothers

Post by brothers »

I had often wondered about that myself. I suppose the DRH branded Chatsworth might be called a JaggerHarris, but it just doesn't resonate as well as the Rooney.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

And when you understand all this, are you a Jagermeister?

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

A user of many and meister of none.
Regards,
Squire
Quarterstick

Post by Quarterstick »

When I read the title, I thought "Jagerooney" may be the other San Fransico treat. Apparently I watched too much TV when I was a kid and ad jingles have been permenently lodged in my subconscious. Damn you marketing agencies!
Andy

An elephant for a dime is only a good deal if you need an elephant and you have a dime.
RazoRock

Post by RazoRock »

CMur12 wrote:John, I believe Rooney offered some razors with horn handles that were made by Parker. Guys liked the handles but not the shaving heads, so some screwed an Edwin Jagger or Muehle shaving head onto the Rooney/Parker handle.

- Murray
I have one of these... works very nicely with the EJ/Muhle head
Thalay Sagar

Re: Jagerooney

Post by Thalay Sagar »

churchilllafemme wrote:Just to clarify for me, is a "jaggerooney" a brush made by Rooney for Edwin Jagger? Thanks.
John, that's a term in my SOTD's. At least for me, Murray's explanation is spot-on; it'a a shorter way of noting a hybrid razor. I bought a Rooney razor which has a Chatsworth style handle and a Parker head. That head was unimpressive but I liked the feel of the handle. When I got an EJ89, I loved the head but was so-so on the handle/balance, so I screwed it on the Rooney handle (and threw the Parker head into the recycling).
Best,
Chris

“Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy