Finally got me a cowboy gun

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
Chaps

Finally got me a cowboy gun

Post by Chaps »

I love the shooting sports and I have several shotguns and I carry a Ruger P95 everyday, but I have always wanted a cowboy gun, Well, I finally got me one. I got a Uberti Cattleman 45LC. This is as close to an actual 1873 Colt 45 Single Action Army one can get, but without the hefty pricetag. Uberti is one of the best, if not the best maker of replicas of true old west guns. I shot it for the first time today and boy was it fun. Very accurate for fixed sights. If you like cowboy guns, but don't want to spend $1300 for a Colt, I highly recommend Uberti. They are a division of Beretta.

Danny
Danny

"Because I prefer the cool, clean sweep of the tempered steel as it glides smoothly--" Cary Grant as he is shaving in a scene from "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House"
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

Uberti's been around for awhile.

It's good that you got the gun you've been wanting.
brothers

Post by brothers »

My brother was the gun guy. He'd probably have one of these. Sounds like a good one.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Scrapyard Ape

Post by Scrapyard Ape »

I had an Uberti replica 1851 Colt Navy. Loved shooting "on the dark side", and that gun was a natural "pointer". For some strange reason I got out of the habit of taking it to the range regularly and eventually stopped altogether. So... I gave it to a friend who had be admiring it at the time. This thread has given me a hankering some black powder shooting again. I gotta get another one now. :)
~Greg
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Go for it Greg, get one of those big Dragoons.
Regards,
Squire
mikey

Post by mikey »

Seeing that you carry a Ruger daily, I am surprised you didn't go for a Ruger Bisley Vaquero in .45 Colt.

Thanks,
Mike
desertbadger

Post by desertbadger »

Good going Danny. I have several Ruger single actions myself, really like the Bisley models.

Regards,
David
Regards,
David
Kyle76

Post by Kyle76 »

Pictures or it didn't happen.
Jim
Short Round

Post by Short Round »

I'm more of an auto guy but I like the cowboy guns. I have ruger single six convertible. Loading .22's in a side gate is a bit of work though.

I like the army pattern, shot a bud's old army and it shot quite naturaly for me. Playing cards at 25 yards. :lol:
Tom
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

A. Ditto on what jim said

B, Use your new 'toy' in good health :D

clive

p.s. you really can just give a gun away? Im almost certain that in nj they would consider that somewhat of a crime.....i suppose its one of the reasons gun men hate the state
de gustibus non est disputandum
Chaps

Post by Chaps »

Pictures forthcoming :D
Danny

"Because I prefer the cool, clean sweep of the tempered steel as it glides smoothly--" Cary Grant as he is shaving in a scene from "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House"
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Here's my cowboy guns:

Hawken .50 rifle - very accurate with slugs from a Lee mold

Muzzle-loading 12G side by side caplock

And my father's home-made caplock Colt 45 (he seems to have mixed up the Navy and the Army versions into one, and he never drilled the barrel through, so it is legal for me to own!)

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
Trumperman
Bill Extraordinaire

Post by Trumperman »

Chris, your Father's gun is an absolute work of art. What a cherished possession it must be!

Regards,

Bill
Don't think......shave.
Kyle76

Post by Kyle76 »

This is my ancestor's Civil War sidearm, a Colt 1861 revolver later converted for cartridges. The stock is engraved with battles in which he participated. You might be able to make out Gaines' Mill, Malvern Hill and Mechanicsville on this side. The holster below the pistol is in poor shape. The shadow box display case, which hangs in my den, also has his belt, cartridge box and a picture of the gentleman in uniform.

Last edited by Kyle76 on Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim
Chaps

Post by Chaps »

Here is my Uberti Cattleman Hombre 45LC
Replica of an 1873 Colt 45 Single Action Army.

Danny
Danny

brothers

Post by brothers »

I like the looks of the Uberti Cattleman. Maybe I'll do a lilttle research on it.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Kyle76

Post by Kyle76 »

Danny, does that gun have a little kick to it?
Jim
Chaps

Post by Chaps »

A little :D Not bad, though.

Danny
Danny

desertbadger

Post by desertbadger »

Kick? Recoil? The .454 Casull gives you the confidence to hunt dinosaurs.... :lol:

Regards,
David
Regards,
David
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

So does the .375/06 JDJ. When I go back to the .45 ACP it's like a capgun.
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square