Add a link

Since this is a new forum I'm looking for everyone's feedback so that we can customize the site accordingly. Post your suggestions and ideas here!
gman41

Add a link

Post by gman41 »

Hello,

How can I get a link to my site added as well as a an ad that other sites have along the border of the page. Is there a fee for this.

Joe
www.shaveabuck.com
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, some of us don't have that problem."

Operator of www.shaveabuck.com
BullGoose
Vendor

Re: Add a link

Post by BullGoose »

gman41 wrote:Hello,

How can I get a link to my site added as well as a an ad that other sites have along the border of the page. Is there a fee for this.

Joe
www.shaveabuck.com
I have wondered the same thing. I sent an email to Vince but never heard back. :?
http://www.bullgooseshaving.com -Rocnel, Barbaros, Boellis Panama, Savonniere du Moulin, Asylum Shave Works and so much more.

- Phil
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Joe you can add your link to your vendor postings in the Shopping forum. We do not charge vendors any fees nor do we promote or sell products ourselves. Ours is an open Board and keeping money out of it helps keep things neutral and unbiased.
Regards,
Squire
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Phil, Joe, as for adding your sites to the shopping links there is no fee but the list hasn't been updated for software reasons.

I'll look into that for you both, I'd like to see the list updated.
Regards,
Squire
BullGoose
Vendor

Post by BullGoose »

Squire wrote:Joe you can add your link to your vendor postings in the Shopping forum. We do not charge vendors any fees nor do we promote or sell products ourselves. Ours is an open Board and keeping money out of it helps keep things neutral and unbiased.
I think he is referring to the banner ads on the main page. Ems Place, Straight Razor Designs, Classic Shaving, Executive Shaving and QED among others have banner ads. I have inquired about how I could get a banner ad as well but I have not heard back either way.
http://www.bullgooseshaving.com -Rocnel, Barbaros, Boellis Panama, Savonniere du Moulin, Asylum Shave Works and so much more.

- Phil
gman41

Post by gman41 »

I am aware of that, I have been around awhile now to know how to do that.

I want to have a link added in your shopping page and an ad along the side of the border as other vendors do. What is the proceedure for this.
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, some of us don't have that problem."

BullGoose
Vendor

Post by BullGoose »

Squire wrote:Phil, Joe, as for adding your sites to the shopping links there is no fee but the list hasn't been updated for software reasons.

I'll look into that for you both, I'd like to see the list updated.
Thank would be great! Many Thanks.

- Phil
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Alright Joe, I'll try again. You can't buy an ad here because we don't sell them, you may however post for free in the Shopping forum.

We're not formal enough to have procedures around here so if you have a question do as you did earlier today and pm one of the moderators.
Regards,
Squire
gman41

Post by gman41 »

I will try again too

I would like to have a banner ad or be listed in your link section. I have already pm,d a mod before I posted here. He replied the same as you. I have been in business a couple of years now and around the boards even longer. I know about postings in the vendor or marketplace sections but this is not what I ask or speak of. If there is no formal program than can you please list me and Phil's site in the link's section.

i_shaved_something

Post by i_shaved_something »

I think there may be some confusion about the 'ads'. On the Home page, at the top there's the SMF banner with a rotating ad to the right, this one changes and is a true 'banner ad' and from my understanding is part of the forum software and helps pay for the site, not sure how that gets picked but I've seen some crazy links in there sometimes.
Under that is a separate vertical list of 'Top Rated Vendors' with some picture links to popular vendors, this never changes. I think what both these gents are asking is how they can be added to that panel, forgive me if I'm wrong, but think what is meant by the 'border ads', and would like to be added to that as well as added to the vendor list in the Places to Shop list.

I'm not a Mod and can't remedy the situation, just some observations regarding the different terms in the thread since there seems to be some confusion since there's one ad that changes but the others don't.

Thanks!
Rob
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Rob the ads you mentioned have been there for years, they are outdated but I understand the software doesn't permit changes at the present time.
Regards,
Squire
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

When Vince was still around his criterion for getting an ad was that it had to be for a vendor he had used himself and was happy with. The easiest was to get hold of him is to look out for vincefx on AIM/iChat. Slumbering dragons don't always wake up smoothly though....

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace