In Order of Importance

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
Dapper Dad

In Order of Importance

Post by Dapper Dad »

Not all mornings are created equally, some activities get cut due to time constraints. Please list your daily tasks in order of importance, and be sure to have a little fun with it. I'll start us off:

1. Shaving 8)
2. Coffee
3. Pants (why does work have to be so formal?)
4. "Bye-Bye" kisses from the wife and kids
5. Shower (God invented deoderant for a reason right?)
6. Breakfast
7. Glass of Scotch (not really, just making sure you're paying attention)
8. Brushing teeth (see 2, 6, and 7)
Eric
Baloosh

Post by Baloosh »

The fact that brushing your teeth is number 8 on your list, and at the very bottom no less, is more than a bit disturbing. Just my interpretation. :wink:
Jason

Post by changabang »

It makes MORE sense to brush your teeth after you eat, especially if you want to impress the Boss. On the other hand, kissing the wife and kids BEFORE you brush is very iffy. :lol:
James Nicks
ateace

Post by ateace »

1.) Shower & Shave
2.) Oral Hygeine
3.) Food and water for dog and three cats, clean all three litter boxes
4.) Dress
5.) Forget to take personal electronics with me
6.) Open front door, watch cat run out into hallway
7.) Watch dog follow cat into hallway and try to herd cat into a corner
8.) Watch wife follow cat and dog into hallway to round them up
paddy

Post by paddy »

The fact that brushing your teeth is number 8 on your list, and at the very bottom no less, is more than a bit disturbing. Just my interpretation.
i only brush my teeth once a day. at night before i got to bed. my teeth are in pretty good shape and i've only had one filling in the last 25 years.
Remember: this is all just wasted time and lives talking nonsense to strangers about pieces of metal, hair and chemical compounds.
Quarterstick

Post by Quarterstick »

It's the scotch that kills all the plaque causing bacteria. That is why it is higher on the list don't ya know.

By the way, for me nothing happens without a trip to the loo first. Showers and clean clothes are all for not if I soil myself... and kisses from the wife and kids are definitely out. :D
Andy

An elephant for a dime is only a good deal if you need an elephant and you have a dime.
JarmoP

Post by JarmoP »

For me it is usually go pee at first, turn morning telly on and take a shower and shave.

If I am in a hurry I buzz with an electric and these days since it is cold somedays if not feeling too dirty, skip the shower.

Breakfast comes last and after that the toothbrush.
Jarmo
Dapper Dad

Post by Dapper Dad »

changabang wrote:It makes MORE sense to brush your teeth after you eat, especially if you want to impress the Boss. On the other hand, kissing the wife and kids BEFORE you brush is very iffy. :lol:
LOL...a valid point, no wonder they are so eager to say "bye-bye!"
Eric
Dapper Dad

Post by Dapper Dad »

ateace wrote:1.) Shower & Shave
2.) Oral Hygeine
4.) Dress
8.) Watch wife follow cat and dog into hallway to round them up
Remember this is all in fun.....

So you're saying that if you were running super late you would clean out 3 litter boxes and go to work naked. That's almost as crazy as kissing your family before brushing your teeth (and drinking scotch).
Eric
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Alarm goes off at six, feed furry children and make a pot of coffee or tea.

Shave slowly while drinking coffee or tea and try to figure out what day of the week it is and whether or not I'm due in Court by 9:00.
Regards,
Squire
brothers

Post by brothers »

Why has no one written they check their incoming electronic communications, primarily any that are important indicators of what I've got to do that day? Maybe that's only important to me? :lol:
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

I wrote a reply that included commo, but it was a rundown of my morning chores and what I do before taking care of me. I realized that it was all important to me and especially to/for all the animals I care for, just in chronological order. I deleted it because I couldn't put it in order of importance. But I guarantee checking my communications was in there. I need to check commo before the mailman gets here to take my outgoing mail.
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
brothers

Post by brothers »

I did the same thing, and got confused with order of importance too. I just do everything everybody else does, I reckon. I might suggest that in my case at least, the degree of importance seems to be adjusting itself dynamically, depending on a lot of factors, how well did I sleep, did I wake up too early/late, do I have something special to attend to, yadda yadda yadda, Some days I just skip something or another, and do what I gotta do!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
ateace

Post by ateace »

[quote="Dapper Dad"][quote="ateace"]1.) Shower & Shave
2.) Oral Hygeine
4.) Dress
8.) Watch wife follow cat and dog into hallway to round them up[/quote]

Remember this is all in fun.....

So you're saying that if you were running super late you would clean out 3 litter boxes and go to work naked. That's almost as crazy as kissing your family before brushing your teeth (and drinking scotch).[/quote

I forgot to mention that it's all pretty much of equal importance - steps 1-4 happen every morning, even if I'm a little late.
Steps 5-8 are the fun ones that always crack me up.

OK, if I were to be running super late, I'd skip the shave entirely, and chew a piece of gum and call that oral hygeine.
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

For me tops is family relationships - so kissing my wife farewell in the morning is priority one for me. No, I wouldn't go to work naked, but I don't leave without a kiss ta-ra.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
Seamaster

Post by Seamaster »

The first thing I do is evacuate my bowels. I'm as regular as a Kennedy funeral.
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Seamaster wrote:The first thing I do is evacuate my bowels. I'm as regular as a Kennedy funeral.
tmi :shock:
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
bflotom2

Post by bflotom2 »

For all of the former GI's my list:

1. S..t
2. Shower
3. Shave

If time permits! If not delete 2&3
Regards,
Tom