Best Place to Buy Feather Blades?

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
water

Best Place to Buy Feather Blades?

Post by water »

I used a Feather blade for the first time this morning and am already sold on them. Certainly superior to the Derbys or Merkurs I have used for years.

Where do people get the best deal on the 100-blade boxes?

Post by myersn024 »

I never bought that many at one time, so I just got them off Amazon. However, the last time I bought them, I got them from Charles Roberts' store in Austin (I was in town, so I dropped by). He had the best prices that I've seen.... then again, I didn't have to pay shipping.
AFG

Post by AFG »

Dridiot ( never understood the name) sells on eBay as well as on the B&B board and maybe here as well and usually has very good prices.
Al
brothers

Post by brothers »

SMF member Pauldog has Feathers for sale at reasonable prices. Check out his SMF thread on the subject. http://www.shavemyface.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21291
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Re: Best Place to Buy Feather Blades?

Post by rustyblade »

water wrote:I used a Feather blade for the first time this morning and am already sold on them. Certainly superior to the Derbys or Merkurs I have used for years.

Where do people get the best deal on the 100-blade boxes?
I know you are an experienced wet shaver, but wait on the Feather blades. Use them for a couple weeks. I've thought the same then after a few days with Feather and then I'm getting nicks and irritation. I've had better luck with the Gillette 7'o clocks.
Richard
water

Post by water »

Richard, no plans to make a purchase just yet.

The shave I had with the Feather blade was fantastic and my first reaction was, "I need more of these!" Best of all, no pulling, which is not something I could claim for the Derby or Merkur. Hopefully, it stays that way.

I may try to find a sample of the Gillette 7 O'Clock blades before ordering a large number of the Feather blades.

Post by MaxP »

@Water:

Should you buy Feathers and change your mind, please let me have opportunity to take them off your hands (at a fair price, of course)

Feathers are my go-to blade.

Thanks

MaxP