Lemon shaving creams --- Which one?

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!

Which one of these candidates would you recommend?

Palmolive Lemon
5%
Taylor's (TOBS) Lemon and Lime
33%
Other (discuss please what is your favorite if not one of these?)
62%

Total votes: 21

brothers

Post by brothers »

Straight Arrow wrote:I always thought that JM Fraser had a lemony scent. Derby regular as well. Am I off-base on this? I love them both.
I'm only saying it is kinda limey to me, whether it's lemon or lime, it is a favorite of mine.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

May as well toss Arko Citrus into this thread. You can pick out a lemon scent in if you are looking for it though it has other stuff in there as well.
Regards,
Squire
druphus

Post by druphus »

Don't have much experience with lemon creams and would be interested in trying offerings recommended by this thread.

I know I prefer Razorock Caprician Lemon over the AOS Lemon soap, which, to me, has very little "lemon" about it.

I think the RazoRock offering is quite good.
Regards,
Andy
brothers

Post by brothers »

Squire wrote:May as well toss Arko Citrus into this thread. You can pick out a lemon scent in if you are looking for it though it has other stuff in there as well.
Squire, I did have a tube of Arko Citrus a while back, and can affirm that it has a delightful fragrance. I see that Arko also makes a Lemon variety, which I would be interested in trying too.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
AFG

Post by AFG »

Lemon is the one scent I don't seem to have and Razorock's offering has been on my want list for a while. Taylors lemon-lime is okay but not the lemon scent I would like. I've tried the AoS lemon soap which seemed to have little scent to it. I have an unused stick of Arko somewhere but the last time I used it my wife thought it smelled like toilet bowl cleaner and I donated it to someone. I kind of liked it so maybe I should dig it out and try it again as I recall the performance as being very good.
Al
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Gary I've used Arko lemon and liked the scent though I don't recall it being very strong, lemon though. I probably wrote a review but we didn't have the sticky them so it would be buried in the archives.
Regards,
Squire
LouisIII

Post by LouisIII »

AoS sell (or sold - last time I checked) an EO scented Lemon cream. I'd go for that if I was in the market for Lemony cream.
~ Infusing the irreducibly quotidian with sensual pleasure ~
brothers

Post by brothers »

Through all of this thought process I've ended up with a few incoming lemony parcels. I'll go through them over time, and will surely have some fun and will hopefully make some new discoveries along the way.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Squire wrote:May as well toss Arko Citrus into this thread. You can pick out a lemon scent in if you are looking for it though it has other stuff in there as well.
This Arko is good shaving cream. One of my packages was both the Lemon and the Citrus. Gary at Shoebox had a good sale price on it, and I'm very happy with it. About 3 years ago I had a tube of Citrus, and had forgotten how delicious it smells.
Gary

scareyourpassenger

Post by scareyourpassenger »

The Truefit and Hill west indies lime smelled amazing and worked quite well.
Tye
Watch this space!

Post by Tye »

For me the AoS Lemon is the best it was one of if not my first cream(s). Creamy, cushiony and a great scent. I may have to grab another tub soon.

-Tye
Contributing Member to the Cause
mike

Post by mike »

I like aos and lucky tiger.
Mike

~ Beati Pacifici~
brothers

Post by brothers »

Today was the first shave with Palmolive Lemon. I'm going to take a while to work my way back around to the few Lemon products I've gathered, so I can get a better handle on which one(s) work best for me.

They're all relatively inexpensive, there's New York, RazoRock Caprician, Derby, Arko Lemon and Citrus versions, and Palmolive. Looks like AOS might have to wait until later, depending on how well I take to any or all of the above.
Gary

fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

good job on the avatar Gary!

clive

p.s. enjoy your lemon journey in good health
de gustibus non est disputandum
slantman

Post by slantman »

I have used the Arko lemon several years ago. It was very nice and refreshing.
Short Round

Post by Short Round »

I was holding off til summer before opening my arko limon.

Sigh, I might just use it tomorrow instead of the Cella I've been into. You folks are a baaaad influence.
Tom
brothers

Post by brothers »

Well, I just picked up a new tub of AOS Lemon at a great price here on the Selling and Trading forum. Just goes to show it pays to wait. I'm looking forward to diving into all of these lemon goodies when the time comes around in a few weeks.
Gary

Flash G

Post by Flash G »

Just wondering why you haven´t got any Castel Forbes Limes? :twisted:
Eric
brothers

Post by brothers »

That's a good question. I think I probably should, I've had the Cedarwood and the Lavender. Loved the CW, not so much the Lavender.
Gary

soapbuddy

Post by soapbuddy »

brucered wrote:Gingers Garden makes a glycerin soap, but it sounds like you want a cream.

etsy, might have some...here is one with lemon: http://www.etsy.com/search/handmade?sea ... ship_to=US
That can be made as a shaving cream if you prefer.
Irena
Handmade Soap Artisan
http:www.gingersgarden.com