How often do you shave?

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
vxnova

How often do you shave?

Post by vxnova »

I was just wondering how often alot of the people on this board have to shave. I have been shaving since I was 14 and have had to shave everyday since 16. I am 20 right now and have a very fast growing thick beard that looks very scruffy if I dont shave for a day.
texasPI
Inspector of Beards

Post by texasPI »

Been shaving since I was 14. I shave evryday. My reason used to be because if I didn't shave evryday I looked scruffy but now I do it because I love using a different cream or soap daily. Some days I shave twice 8)

Erik
Erik

"Work like you don't need money,
love like you've never been hurt,
and dance like no one is watching."
Aurora Greenway
CRR

Post by CRR »

Been shaving every day for 30 years. I skip a day now and then, but pretty much everyday.
Chris.

Steady Boy, Steady!
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

I shave everyday including weekends.
ichabod
Mackem

Post by ichabod »

Up until I was about 25 I could skip a day without looking too unshaven.
Now I'm 42, I definitely need to shave every day to look presentable for work, and I have some serious thick coarse growth under my jaw line.

I shave every day. When I was using the electric I didn't like to skip a day because the growth would start to baffle the razor into leaving odd hairs behind. Once they got to a day or two's length the razor would just leave them be. I would also often shave again before going out for an evening, if it was something relatively formal. The DE shaves I've been getting the last couple of days tell me that won't be necessary
Give us the luxuries, and we will forgo the necessities.
Give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, he'll be toasty for the rest of his life.
Dominic
nteeman

Post by nteeman »

Monday thru Saturday, I take Sunday off.
-Neal (DE user since 1998)
I shave therefore I am

Darkwolf

Post by Darkwolf »

Everyday. Skipping a day causes my next shave to be terrible, too much growth! The wierd thing is that I can't grow a beard, I have spots on my face with almost no growth, but the rest of my beard is thick and dense. :x
Jim

Good friends, good books and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.
Mark Twain
baldchin

Post by baldchin »

Any day I don't sleep late.
To look tidy I would need to shave everyday sometimes I take Saturday off.

I don't shave if I've got weatherburn - product of Northern Irish climate...
My beard used to be much coarser over the years it's become finer and harder. Much easier to skip a day now and shave the next day than it used to be. Now I think I get a better shave after a day off, it used to be much less comfortable.
Will

If it's smokin' it's cookin', when it's black it's done.
Joey

Post by Joey »

Typically 6 days a week.
Moe Joe

Post by Moe Joe »

For the past 20+ years I have been using an Norelco for daily beard management and a M3 for when I needed a closer shave. I now practice real shaving with a DE and a variety of soaps and creams. I shave every morning. Life is better now.
javyn

Post by javyn »

Been shaving since I was 17, so 10 years now. Used to do it twice a week or less, but since I got a razor with one blade and other gear, I do it every morning or early afternoon on weekends when I can sleep in or put off getting a shower.
John
cmoore

Post by cmoore »

I generally shave once a day. I have a mean four o clock shadow, so if I have a date or social event in the evening I shave again.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Every day. For about 15 years, it was with an electric (Grundig, Braun & Norelco), and the last few years it was every other day with an electric because I disliked doing it so much. However, if I skipped more than one day the electric had trouble, like someone else mentioned earlier in this thread.

Now, about half a year after switching to DE's and high quality accoutrements, my face is smoother 12 hours after shaving than it used to be right after the electric. I wouldn't have believed it possible a year ago.

-Troy
rafikz

Post by rafikz »

Darkwolf wrote:Everyday. Skipping a day causes my next shave to be terrible, too much growth! The wierd thing is that I can't grow a beard, I have spots on my face with almost no growth, but the rest of my beard is thick and dense. :x
Same for me. I would say my beard is 85-90% full, but it grows fast and hard.
vxnova

Post by vxnova »

rafikz wrote:
Darkwolf wrote:Everyday. Skipping a day causes my next shave to be terrible, too much growth! The wierd thing is that I can't grow a beard, I have spots on my face with almost no growth, but the rest of my beard is thick and dense. :x
Same for me. I would say my beard is 85-90% full, but it grows fast and hard.
Its the opposite for me when skipping a day of shaving. When I let my face rest for a day (usually Sunday) my shave the next morning is better. The hairs come off easier and I don't get razor burn as easily. I wish I could skip days more often.
javyn

Post by javyn »

The wierd thing is that I can't grow a beard, I have spots on my face with almost no growth, but the rest of my beard is thick and dense.

Same here, DW. Also, beard is not an option for me because it grows in different colors. My cheeks and chin are red, my moustache is blonde, and soulpatch is white like some sort of albino freak!
John
cigar-&-Shave

Post by cigar-&-Shave »

I shave everyday.

In regards to growing a beard: When I was in my twenties, I had a nice rusty red beard. A few years ago, in an attempt to recapture my youth, I started growing a beard. I was shocked when after a week my face was covered with the beginnings of a gray beard. The hair on my head is still brown, so, I guess the first thing to go is the beard, not the memory.

Mike
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

I dragged plastic across foamy for 18 years (since I was 12), but after using a DE and English cream for the last 4 months, I can barely call the former method shaving.

I have a very full, thick, fast-growing beard. I used to have a severe 5 o'clock shadow, however, the shaves I can get from a DE last me much longer. I do like to take Saturdays off whenever I get the chance, which makes the next shave even better.

Kyle
e5f

Post by e5f »

Howdy;

Shave every day, sometimes twice, for the last 25-26 yrs.

Baby butt smooth and feelin' fine :D

Thanks,
Merlyn
aircraft_electrician

Post by aircraft_electrician »

I've been shaving since I was 15, or about 15 years now. I used to shave every other day, mostly because the cheap canned foam and multi-blade left my face raw and sore.

Due to my current occupation (US Air Force) I've been shaving every duty day for the last 7 years, whether I feel like it or not. I do let my face rest on non-duty days, which are usually Saturday and Sunday. Letting my face rest and my beard grow out gives me a great shave on Monday mornings, smooth as can be and usually no irritation at all.

Tom