Mitchell's Woolfat Ceramic Container

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
KAV
Location: California, just above L.A. between the Reagan Library and Barbra Streisand's beach house

Mitchell's Woolfat Ceramic Container

Post by KAV »

I' ve been using one of two aluminum containers Phil once stocked for over two years now. I've got the AD for a scuttle or at least something a touch ostentatious to thumb my nose at the studied mediocrity of SOCAL. [-X
Are there any owners of the MWF with using feedback?
brothers

Post by brothers »

I love mine. I try to keep from breaking the lid. This ceramic container is unique and is reminscent of the very old ones we see in photos sometimes.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

There is no other container for the Fat. And if you are very, very good, it will levitate for you. :wink:
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
KAV
Location: California, just above L.A. between the Reagan Library and Barbra Streisand's beach house

Post by KAV »

Wendall,
Your calmly rational reply reinforced my initial thoughts.
Do you think the mill would give the sheep's names our pucks come from?
brucered

Post by brucered »

i had my puck in a TOBS container, worked well, but the soap gives me an even close shave now that i've got the ceramic dish.

i would not be without it. works excellent, gives me a better shave and is ultra classy looking

if you like the performance of MWF now, wait till you use it in the ceramic dish

:P
Elephants never forget!
Flash G

Post by Flash G »

After initially buying a refill, I just had to get the dish. There´s just something with the shave from a levitating soap :lol:
Eric
gruffydd3

Post by gruffydd3 »

I wouldn't consider anything other than the ceramic pot. It looks good and adds to the "old time" ambience of the shave.

Regards,
Rick
marsos52

Post by marsos52 »

mwf is a special soap and its magical is many ways

the ceramic container really brings its magic to the fore front

marc
ThePossum

Post by ThePossum »

Now if they would put a non-slip handle on it then I would go for it immediately. You see I have a tendency to drop things when my hands just the least bit wet!

Actually store mine in an empty TOBS container. Works just fine for me and I do not have to impress anyone with the fancy ceramic container. :D My wife loves me regardless of how I store my FAT!
Bryce

My Shave Stuff
The Original Safety Too - An SE Razor Forum
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

loves me regardless of how I store my FAT!
gets my vote for comment of the month!

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

KAV wrote:Wendall,
Your calmly rational reply reinforced my initial thoughts.
Do you think the mill would give the sheep's names our pucks come from?
That's Bucket -- but it's pronounce "Bouquet" - or Boo-Kay for those of us more phonetic-friendly.

..... :wink:
Wendell

jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

ThePossum wrote:...My wife loves me regardless of how I store my FAT!
Fair enough. But I must ask you -- does your Fat love you when it resides in anything other than the ceramic container? Like I said before -- nothing like the experience of levitation when shaving ..... and that can only come from the MWF official dish.

It's happy enough in the Kent wooden bowl, but really gets excited when it is housed in the container which was meant to hold it. :wink:
Wendell

wvbias

Post by wvbias »

Wendell's MWF probably recites Shakespeare
while levitating.

Terry
John N.

Post by John N. »

KAV,
I have a little different take on this. I keep my MWF in a nice wooden container with lid that I purchased for not too much $ from Classic Shaving. I usually build a good load on the brush then face lather. It works quite well in that you can always add a bit of hot water to the brush or go back to the soap as required. If I am feeling a bit decadent, or it's winter time, I use a Dirty Bird scuttle to build the lather. Hot MWF lather is about as nice of a shaving experience to be had by mortals on this blue marble.
J.
John N.
brothers

Post by brothers »

Whether or not one's got the bowl, it's just as good in stick form.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
KAV

Post by KAV »

My history is rusty :oops: Was RichardIII Lancaster or York? MWF may not hold the bard of Avon in high esteem.I understand there is a society still trying to restore his name in history after William's highly political play.
And we think our politics gets nasty
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

wvbias wrote:Wendell's MWF probably recites Shakespeare
while levitating.

Terry
Terry - when did you sneak into my house during shaving time????

Wendell

slackskin

Shakespeare or Chaucer

Post by slackskin »

Somehow it seems more appropriate for Wendell's MWF to recite Chaucer in Middle English. Sheep have been around for a long time, making Middle English appropriate. And I imagine Wendell could more easily understand the Middle English than the contemporary version; if not, he could consult his friend the Venerable Bede. They share a common hood in Northumbria.
KAV

Post by KAV »

That guy needs some MWF skin conditioner!
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Out of respect I keep the Fat in only the highest quality plastic zip lock container.
Regards,
Squire