Thought I'd wander in here....

New to the world of wet-shaving? Grab a desk and be seated! Welcome to SMFU: A place to learn and compare notes about the ABC's of wet shaving. From brushes to creams, razors and more...We've got it all!
Persius

Post by Persius »

Oh my! It just got better!

My partner is going to forgive me LOTS when she sees this!
xraygun

Post by xraygun »

I'm here to help.
-Ray
“Who said anything about slicing you up? ... I just wanted to carve a little Z on your forehead-- nothing serious.” -Oscar Zeta Acosta
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

That's more like it -- giving proper respect to the wonderful ceramic/porcelain container I see -- front and centre ..... I know, you placed it there expressly for me, right?? :wink:
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
xraygun

Post by xraygun »

More like it's stuck there and I can't get it to move. :wink:
-Ray
“Who said anything about slicing you up? ... I just wanted to carve a little Z on your forehead-- nothing serious.” -Oscar Zeta Acosta
Persius

Post by Persius »

xraygun wrote:I'm here to help.
:lol: :lol:
brothers

Post by brothers »

I've got one of those little microscopes. Comes in real handy. Oh, I see the mighty fat right next to The Captain's mug. I enjoy seeing your shaving stuff!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
m3m0ryleak

Post by m3m0ryleak »

Ray, you need professional help :lol: , thanks to modern science, your IP has been traced and the intervention crew is en route to save you from your obsessive behavior. :D

Welcome aboard
Tony

"They say that dreams are growing wild just this side of Burma Shave" - Tom Waits
xraygun

Post by xraygun »

They'll have to get past Moose first.
Before they can pry my I Coloniali Rhubarb cream from my hands.
-Ray
slackskin

Bacardi ?

Post by slackskin »

Ray - I'm curious about the previous post including a selection of creams, including the Bacardi in the right hand corner. I have not heard of it before. Is it a new cream on the market? Please share the details. :?: :?:

:lol:
xraygun

Post by xraygun »

Bacardi 151 is a must for a shave kit like an alum block!

You guys don't have a bottle in your dens?
-Ray
desertbadger

Post by desertbadger »

Yeah! My kind of guy! Welcome!

Regards,
David
Regards,
David
brothers

Post by brothers »

Your I Coloniali Rhubarb reference just catapulted you into the inner circle. 8)
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Jonnieboy61

Post by Jonnieboy61 »

Welcome and wow, my stuff pales into insignificance compared to this.

Great collection, Im sure it may tempt others to post their stuff up.

Hope you enjoy your time here......................its a nice place to be :D
John
xraygun

Post by xraygun »

Thank you Gentlemen!
-Ray
m3m0ryleak

Post by m3m0ryleak »

xraygun wrote:They'll have to get past Moose first.
Before they can pry my I Coloniali Rhubarb cream from my hands.
So that's where Bullwinkle ended up! :lol:
Tony

"They say that dreams are growing wild just this side of Burma Shave" - Tom Waits
Quarterstick

Post by Quarterstick »

Welcome, welcome. It is a lovely collection, thank you for sharing.
xraygun wrote:Bacardi 151 is a must for a shave kit like an alum block!

You guys don't have a bottle in your dens?
Please tell me that 151 is not for pre-shave consumption.

I am also curious about the electric soup terrine. Nothing like bisque after a nice shave?
Andy

An elephant for a dime is only a good deal if you need an elephant and you have a dime.
xraygun

Post by xraygun »

The 151 is for refilling that square apothecary jar in the picture front and viewer's left of the bottle. I dip my razor with blade after rinsing. Blades last longer without crud on them oxidizing the coating and I never seem to have to clean my razors of soap scum. Since I use mostly vintage blades, (Schick Plus Platinums, Swedes, etc) it's worth it for me. Plus it smells better than rubbing alcohol.

The soup terrine, ah yes. That is what I keep my lather warm in. I build my lather in one of the silver footed bowls and then float them in the warm water of the bain marie. A giant electric silver scuttle substitute. Pop in a pyrex and bisque for all.
-Ray
Quarterstick

Post by Quarterstick »

Thanks for the clarification on both counts. With your quote in the signature… well let’s just say I once knew a guy who tried to emulate too much.
Andy

An elephant for a dime is only a good deal if you need an elephant and you have a dime.
bennay

Post by bennay »

Wow... and recently I thought I just bought too much stuff.
jdrum3

Whoa!

Post by jdrum3 »

Okay that's impressive! I like the mirror tray for razors, does that help the RAD since it doubles the number you see at any given time?