Haslinger Ringelblumen

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
gsgo

Haslinger Ringelblumen

Post by gsgo »

I have been using this shaving soap on and off over the past few weeks and believe this fits easily into the top tier with a little room to spare.

It easily produces a wonderful rich and dense lather that shaves very well. Slick with plenty of cushion and as advertised this soap is ideal for those with sensitive skin due to it's marigold (calendula) component. I do not really have sensitive skin but I have noticed a difference in my facial tone post shave using this soap.

This soap is pretty widely available, I am lucky that Merz has added this to their assortment, and definitely worth a try. Brothers and Dr. Moss have spoken highly of this one inspiring me to pick up a couple of the smallish pucks on my last shopping trip. The other one I tried was the coconut which shaved very well but was not the scent for me, rest assured, I will be picking up a couple more in the coming days.

Haslinger is a small soap maker from what the fellows at Merz told me but the product most definitely stands up well against most in the category.
Good shaving,

Gary
brothers

Post by brothers »

It does make a nice lather. I'd like to get another one, maybe sage or seaweed, or marigold.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Oscar11

Post by Oscar11 »

I have the Honig (Honey). Very faintly scented and a fine shaving soap in all regards.
Thalay Sagar

Post by Thalay Sagar »

Add me to the list of haslinger fans. I have the Coconut and Seaweed. Although I wish the scents were a little stronger, the shave is top-tier. And you can't complain about the price.
Best,
Chris

“Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Are versions of this soap, such as the marigold, seaweed, and honey naturally scented or do they have fragrance?

These sound like good soaps, but I can't use anything with any sort of perfumery.

- Murray
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

I can't even pronounce it -- sounds wonderful though.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
gsgo

Post by gsgo »

Murray - All the soaps in the range seem pretty mildly scented, the Marigold is geared for sensitive skin, Honey and Aloe Vera are also very light in the scent department.

One thing I have noticed is that these soaps produce a cream like lather that I have not experienced with any other soap. The pucks will soften quite fast if soaked, I use just a splash of water to start lathering with a damp brush and then add water as desired.

The small pucks seem to go quickly with regular use which means that a good supply in the den is strongly recommended. I will be increasing stock on these in the near future.
Good shaving,

Gary
KAV
Location: California, just above L.A. between the Reagan Library and Barbra Streisand's beach house

Post by KAV »

If you can't pronounce it just send this image with any inquiries.
brothers

Post by brothers »

Or, if that one's too violent, here's a kinder gentler Marigold or Honey.

Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
KAV
Location: California, just above L.A. between the Reagan Library and Barbra Streisand's beach house

Post by KAV »

One of my motivations to groom well at dawn. Valkyries are still out there!
M6Classic
Location: Not as near Colonial Drug as when they were at Harvard Square, but near enough.

Post by M6Classic »

jww wrote:I can't even pronounce it -- sounds wonderful though.
Ahhhhh, German. The language of love!

Buzz
KAV

Post by KAV »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M00lUXnAs-U

I splashed on a generous amount of Alt Innsbruk and sang along.
Phil, you plan on stocking this soap?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOP_m7SZ ... re=related