We are the other 1%

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
Esoteric83

Post by Esoteric83 »

I know, that's what scares me!
Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

harper wrote: I grew a beard once for five days and it drove me nuts. Even when I was in the hospital for various surgeries after I felt better I used an electric to shave ... es-pecially near the corners of my mouth where the whiskers stick out and I can feel them.
I grew a beard back when I was 16 because I got late chicken pox.
The thing bugged the crap out of me and I couldn't wait to shave it off when my face cleared up. I've never grown any mustache or beard since then.
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."
harper

Post by harper »

Nitrox: I grew a moustache about 35 years ago and still have it. My kids, now adults, looked at photos of me before the moustache and told me never to shave it off. I guess that means something but I am not sure what.
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

I've been wearing a beard for 40 years now. I just shave my neck and a bit at the cheeks. When a man grows a beard, there is an itch threshold that must be passed to attain comfort. This is how I know myself, I'm comfortable with it, and I have no intention of shaving it off. It just seems to me that a man should grow some whiskers out somewhere on his face.

- Murray
JayTrek

Post by JayTrek »

For me it is a matter of knowing one's limitations. I personally cannot grow a beard. I have a big hole in the middle of my upper lip, and another on my chin. So the stubble look would never work for me.

Therefore, I have accepted that I need to shave. And if I am going to do so...I need to enjoy it.
Regards,
Jason

Upon Further Review...
Quarterstick

Post by Quarterstick »

On the point of marketing, as Harper has said several times we are not the target audience. There is a slim chance any of our kind would have even been in one of the focus groups. If we had, our comments would have been placed under the heading "Outlier" and thus pretty much ignored.

As far as styling facial hair, may I present Wyatt Earp...

Everything old is new again indeed. :)
Andy

An elephant for a dime is only a good deal if you need an elephant and you have a dime.
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

I prefer to think of our 1% as being an elite community and I feel special to be a member.
Regards,
Squire
harper

Post by harper »

Squire, I think the rest of us are also proud that you are a member. You elevate us.
jdrum3

Re: We are the other 1%

Post by jdrum3 »

maskaggs wrote:
KAV wrote:Don Draper would have sat on his doorstep,head in hands at what we are being sold :-B
Philandering aside, Don Draper was indeed a classy gentleman...but with all due respect, Draper would have been more than happy to take on the P&G account!

But I do agree, the current trend of "buy our expensive shite and you'll get laid" is some pretty lame advertisement.
You are correct, Draper would have loved a P&G account, but he would not have sold them this nancy boy celebrity endorsement. He would have given them good copy and a solid idea.
maskaggs

Re: We are the other 1%

Post by maskaggs »

jdrum3 wrote:
maskaggs wrote:
KAV wrote:Don Draper would have sat on his doorstep,head in hands at what we are being sold :-B
Philandering aside, Don Draper was indeed a classy gentleman...but with all due respect, Draper would have been more than happy to take on the P&G account!

But I do agree, the current trend of "buy our expensive shite and you'll get laid" is some pretty lame advertisement.
You are correct, Draper would have loved a P&G account, but he would not have sold them this nancy boy celebrity endorsement. He would have given them good copy and a solid idea.
New idea: just market men's P & G products with "Use this and you'll look like Don Draper. Booze and smokes optional." My wife would approve :lol: :lol:
Regards,
Mike