UFOS, Watership Down and Dittmar Soap

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
KAV
Location: California, just above L.A. between the Reagan Library and Barbra Streisand's beach house

UFOS, Watership Down and Dittmar Soap

Post by KAV »

Yesterday was- wierd. I was reminded about Daylight Savings Time by a news story noting the coincidental rise in heart attacks among middle aged men.
Swell :?
Pyewacket wakes me to make his Earl Grey and feed our semi tame squirrel Rocky. From nowhere this huge Alpha squirrel body slams little Rock
in a move on his terriroty and magical daily nut supply. My military training kicks in and I- freeze.
Pyewacket pounces, and in a few moments is dragging a bloody corpse up to my 87 Y/0 mother's sleeping face.
After she calms down I get the 2x a year question 'What time is it really?'
I have this epiphany that all the 'lost time' stories by UFO abductees must have taken place during Daylight Savings Time.
I go back to bed. My new computer suddenly began performing splendidly after I finally remember to enter my user ID# which is my phone# and NOT my YAHOO password AND I delete MISS BOOM BOOM'S adult site that popped up from ? :oops: We even started getting the SCIENCE channel out of the blue on the TEEVEE.They had a show about UFOS on.
Mailman comes early. Phil/Bullgoose has kindly sent a package with a dealer sample of shaved DITTMAR soap.
I have 3 days beard growth from the cat aliens taking me up in the mother ship(shaped like a steel food bowl)
I use a new Super Iridium, my Thater brush and my Merkur HD. This stuff explodes into lather and HOLDS it!GOOD STUFF!
I almost break into a verse of WUNDERBAR except Pye, sitting on the bathroom counter decides my Thater brush is another squirrell.
I found CRACKSTER'S review and decided I better keep this seperate in case any social workers are alerted :oops:
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE.
Persius

Post by Persius »

Just can't beat a post like that. Made my day.
F.W. Fitch

Post by F.W. Fitch »

Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

Nice post Chris, very entertaining as usual, thanks.
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."
brothers

Post by brothers »

Chris, I'd like to watch a youtube video of the death struggle between the cat and a big aggressive squirrel. No, on second thought I'd never want to see it. I imagine it was quite battle. That cat's special, but I think you've said that before. Good ol' Pye!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

It's good to have a Watch Cat on premises.
Regards,
Squire
KAV
Location: California, just above L.A. between the Reagan Library and Barbra Streisand's beach house

Post by KAV »

I walked to the mailbox yesterday with Rocky leaping beside me all the way and climbing onto my foot to the delight of some children. We came back to discover a hummingbird found the feeder salvaged from the dumpster. In all fairness I can see how people become emotionaly overboard with animal rights
and a vegan lifestyle. I still had my weekly beefsteak.
-But back to Dittmars-
My second day and this is REALLY impressive soap. I will never willingly abandon MWF. But, if someone is lanolin sensitive I highly recommend it. It's interesting how the various makers list virtually the same ingredients. How many ways can you make Lemonade? Yet some people seem to tweak the list just right and come up with winners.
I don't know about the scent. It's not offensive, just teutonic wierd like their famous-infamous do everything Balliol solvent that does everything and smells like unterseebooten bilge water.
It's not THAT bad, just don't expect spring fields in Yorkshire with roses and lilacs blooming in the garden as OUR sheep produce lanolin.
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

Wish you could shoot video of Rocky! And that attack cat.
KAV

Post by KAV »

I've completed a full week of shaving. The Iridium blade began to fade as expected just as I completed my 3rd pass AND the maintenance crew shut off the water for another unexpected break in the line.
I am still impressed with every shave using Dittmars. The scent I initially disliked
mellowed rapidly and I now associate it with pleasant shaves as I do PLAYDO with more halcyon days of irresponsibility.
The flake medium ? may? give more flexibility with water quality as a user could compress the soap to suit. I did a quick press and the porous puck performed spendidly. I am looking forward to buying the solid pucks to test my idea.
I am so impressed, any consideration of cost is irrelevant. This is truly one of those products were you appreciate the quality after the expense is forgotten.
Now my only problem is creating a theology of rotaion.
Last edited by KAV on Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

Isn't Dittmar just Gold Dachs repackaged? If so, it's been around for ages and it is a fantastic soap if you can get on with it (my skin couldn't). I believe it has a LOT of glycerin in it.

Good luck with it.

Chris
crackstar

Post by crackstar »

EL Alamein wrote:Isn't Dittmar just Gold Dachs repackaged? If so, it's been around for ages and it is a fantastic soap if you can get on with it (my skin couldn't). I believe it has a LOT of glycerin in it.

Good luck with it.

Chris
Nooooooooo, two completely different soaps!
JEFF
gsgo

Post by gsgo »

crackstar wrote:
EL Alamein wrote:Isn't Dittmar just Gold Dachs repackaged? If so, it's been around for ages and it is a fantastic soap if you can get on with it (my skin couldn't). I believe it has a LOT of glycerin in it.

Good luck with it.

Chris
Nooooooooo, two completely different soaps!
Jeff, what has changed between Gold Dachs Rivivage and the new soap offerings from Dittmar. I see that the puck size has changed, they have added a few scents and some new packaging. Please enlighten, thanks.
Good shaving,

Gary
KAV

Post by KAV »

As Teist explained to me, Golddachs aka Rivivage IS the 'mother' soap. Dr Dittmarr removed the allergens and pressed the soap more. there is no present busines or production connection.
gsgo

Post by gsgo »

Thanks Kav, I only have 7 pucks of Rivivage left in the stash...didn't want to panic just yet :roll:
Good shaving,

Gary
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

Thanks for the clarification.

Chris