New Orleans, WWII Museum

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
wenestvedt

New Orleans, WWII Museum

Post by wenestvedt »

My best friend and I are visiting New Orleans (me for the first time) in a couple of weeks, and I have a couple of questions.

- Has anyone taken the "Behind the Lines" tour at the WWII Museum? Is there anything special I should make sure to see? (We plan to spend much of the day at the Museum after the 9:00-noon tour.)

- Are there any other particularly interesting things in the rest of the museum's collection?

- We have some time on Friday evening, plus Saturday evening and the early half of Sunday. While avoiding Final Four fans (I *swear* that we didn't know about this event when we picked the weekend) is there anything we must do besides eating ourselves senseless?

- Last, it's Palm Sunday and I have enjoyed going to Mass in strange cities before (even when i don't speak the language). Any R.C. churches close to our hotel in the French Quarter?

Thanks in advance for any advice!!

- Will
druphus

Re: New Orleans, WWII Museum

Post by druphus »

wenestvedt wrote:Last, it's Palm Sunday and I have enjoyed going to Mass in strange cities before (even when i don't speak the language). Any R.C. churches close to our hotel in the French Quarter?- Will
The Cathedral is in the French Quarter. Head to the river. Across from the Cafe du Monde. Its large and white, so its hard to miss! :)
Regards,
Andy
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Yes Will, the Cathedral would be a great choice. I haven't been to the WW11 Museum since before Katrina and although I understand the artifacts were preserved I don't know how the exhibits are currently set up. Perhaps you can post a full report.
Regards,
Squire