Hot wit da yoof - DE razor beats all-comers

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
Bargepole
Beam me up Scotty

Hot wit da yoof - DE razor beats all-comers

Post by Bargepole »

I see that the Bluebeard's Revenge "Scimitar" DE has won the about.com razor of the year, beating the Schikettinsons Hydrusion Power Ultra 7-blade Squirt-a-Gunk® SlaSh-O-Mat™ VibroFace Super Plus and all its competitors. Hurrah. A proper DE razor that looks like a razor and not a pimp-roll athletic shoe. Maybe Da Yoof coming to it senses and the last few years will seem like a bad dream.

Maybe not, though.

Anyway, here: http://menshair.about.com/od/productrev ... s-Hair.htm
Michael

People say it's never too late. How wrong they are. --Felix Dennis
owenm

Re: Hot wit da yoof - DE razor beats all-comers

Post by owenm »

Having read the article I can't decide whether this is a good thing or not. So, hurrah or boo, depending on personal preference.
Cheers,
Owen
KAV
Location: California, just above L.A. between the Reagan Library and Barbra Streisand's beach house

Post by KAV »

I am sitting here with my thinning hair neatly groomed courtesy KENT comb and TOBS #74. My face- well general De Gaulle said 'Old age is a shipwreck' but I feel 'shipshape and Bristol fashion' after MWF and more TOBS #74.
I walked down to my mechanic friend David's place and found him being swallowed JAWS like by a huge old Jaguar saloon's bonnet. The owner, a veddy british lady complimented my turn out and said I'd fit right in back home- only please dear don't buy a Burberry. Only american tourists buy Burberrys and storm about like MI5 people. She noticed I use british spelling out of habit and warned me Madonna was making an idiot out of herself with that wanker brit accent.
Youth is wasted on the young. I've never had so much pleasure using tireless products that arrived so late in life. I pity the men-boys who buy into the slop out there.
brothers

Post by brothers »

Thanks Michael, for the latest news from shaving central. I agree fully, with what exactly, I'll decide later.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Rufust445

Post by Rufust445 »

The Scimitar looks like an EJ or Muhle with logo etched on the top plate. I think the same thing can be had for considerably less without the logo.

So much for shaving tools. Never heard of an Irish screwdriver before. It's either two shots of Southern Comfort over ice with a dash of Mountain Dew, or some other kind of non-liquid tool
brothers

Post by brothers »

Just a guess, irish screwdriver = a phillips head potato?
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
KAV
Location: California, just above L.A. between the Reagan Library and Barbra Streisand's beach house

Post by KAV »

This is an Irish screwdriver
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

And it works on both ends.
Regards,
Squire
KAV

Disclaimer

Post by KAV »

I made reference to above on another forum as part of a joke. I had 3 of the most uptight,lace curtain irish american types come at me in a manner to make the REV Al Sharpton proud with their blood boiling and eyes popping out like Cuchullain himself.
I think somebody finally noticed my sign in name Kavanaugh after 3 days of epic, cattleraiding cyber clashes.
It's a joke people.
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Really? I was taking you seriously.
Regards,
Squire