Vitos soap recommendation :?:

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
LouisIII

Vitos soap recommendation :?:

Post by LouisIII »

I'll likely end up with a kilo of each, but would like some input on if fans can really split 'em - when they were first came out some commented the 'super' or extra' red boxed one was a bit better (there are now two - standard almond and coconut). So, which of the three are preferred...?

Cheers
~ Infusing the irreducibly quotidian with sensual pleasure ~
LookingGlass

Post by LookingGlass »

PM sent
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

I don't know if the reviews above will help or not. Did you check them?

I was sent a container of Vitos Red by a gent and I find it to be quite good. Not quit as good as p.160, but not shy of that quality by much. Can't help beyond that.
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
RazoRock

Post by RazoRock »

The Green box is better for oilier skin and the red boxes are better for dryer skin (added Glycerin). One of the red boxes is scented with coconut oil. Both versions are a first class soap and in my opinion offer amazing value-for-money.
LouisIII

Post by LouisIII »

LookingGlass wrote:PM sent
LG,
Sorry if that first post was a bit confused/confusing, am just looking for opinions of differences between Vitos soaps - not buying or selling any right now/here.
LouisIII

Post by LouisIII »

RazoRock wrote:The Green box is better for oilier skin and the red boxes are better for dryer skin (added Glycerin). One of the red boxes is scented with coconut oil. Both versions are a first class soap and in my opinion offer amazing value-for-money.
Excellent, exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.

ps RR your Mughetto di Bologna is my most favoured soft soap right now - somehow find it lathers better than Cella, though its very similarly formulated. Perhaps its the bigger container or something like that. But good stuff, keep it up =D>