Ikon S3S

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
never2close

Ikon S3S

Post by never2close »

Against my better judgement I decided to purchase an Ikon and it arrived last week. I thought it was overpriced and a bit odd, having both a straight bar and an open comb. Besides, I have too many razors already. I started shaving with it last Thursday and I must admit, it gives a very close irritation free shave. It shaves so close that it almost gets too close, but unlike the Slant that is too aggressive for me, the S3S is damn near perfect. I have used it with both Hospital Use Personnas, and Super Iridiums with getting equally impressive results. Lastly, with its' black stand it is quite a nice addition to my bathroom.
slantman

Post by slantman »

Glad you like the S3S because according to iKon he is not making them any longer. So in several years from now if you decide to sell it you will probably get all your money back and then some.
never2close

Post by never2close »

slantman wrote:Glad you like the S3S because according to iKon he is not making them any longer. So in several years from now if you decide to sell it you will probably get all your money back and then some.
I wasn't aware that the S3S will soon be history. Do you know why?
slantman

Post by slantman »

never2close wrote:
slantman wrote:Glad you like the S3S because according to iKon he is not making them any longer. So in several years from now if you decide to sell it you will probably get all your money back and then some.
I wasn't aware that the S3S will soon be history. Do you know why?
The iKons are not massed produced since they are all machined. So it seems when a batch of new models are distributed and sold on to the next ones. The following is public knowledge. Next up is a Rotbart type razor and a new open comb with closed end caps so the blade doesn't protrude on either end.
celestino

Post by celestino »

Congratulations, sir! Very well made razors.