Possible Northern Michigan Seminar

Use a straight. You know it makes sense.
Tim Zowada

Possible Northern Michigan Seminar

Post by Tim Zowada »

I'm thinking about putting together a Northern Michigan seminar for this July. It would be similar in scope to the Ashokan Seminar (www.knifeseminar.com), except all about razors only.

The idea would be to have top razor makers and honemeisters come and lecture and demonstrate. This would not be the "Tim Zowada Show".

Northern Michigan is a great place to visit in July, with plenty of stuff for the family. If there is enough interest, I"ll start putting it together.
Dexterous

Re: Possible Northern Michigan Seminar

Post by Dexterous »

Tim Zowada wrote:I'm thinking about putting together a Northern Michigan seminar for this July. It would be similar in scope to the Ashokan Seminar (www.knifeseminar.com), except all about razors only.

The idea would be to have top razor makers and honemeisters come and lecture and demonstrate. This would not be the "Tim Zowada Show".

Northern Michigan is a great place to visit in July, with plenty of stuff for the family. If there is enough interest, I"ll start putting it together.
By "Northern Michigan", do you mean Marquette or Traverse City, etc.? Both are great places to visit in the summer or autumn.
Detroit - You wouldn't last a week here.
My Blog - shaving product reviews and more
Tim Zowada

Post by Tim Zowada »

Actually, it would be just South of Petoskey.
Scott_C

Post by Scott_C »

I would be very interested and would be there for sure.

I do alot of face shaves at our shop and am always interested in learning or seeing new things. Would also give me a good excuse for a weekend road trip on my bike.

Count me in.
brothers

Post by brothers »

Tim Zowada wrote:Actually, it would be just South of Petoskey.
My Tomtom tells me it's only a 16 hour drive. In the summer it would be a nice trip, and we'd get to see a lot of places we've never been before. One never knows!

I must say, the thought has occured to me, what if I took what the trip would cost us, and instead, bought one of Tim's hand made damascus razors!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Tim Zowada

Post by Tim Zowada »

After much thought. I have decided to put this on hold until 2013. Ending my affiliation with Classicshaving.com has taken a toll on any spare time I had to work on the seminar. Ten weeks is just not enough time to do it right.

Here is the good part, instead of rushing to put together a "get together" this will be a full fledged seminar. The plan is to concentrate lectures and demonstrations at about 60% user oriented, and 40% making and restoration. The tentative list of speakers includes Lynn Abrams, Charlie Lewis, 2 or 3 of the Hart Steel guys, Myself, a professional barber, and others.

The initial plan is to have it here, at my shop. If attendance grows to over 30, or so. It will be moved to a local camp facility with lodging and catering facilities. The shop equipment is portable enough that all the demonstrations can still be done at the camp.

I appreciate everyone's patience with this delay. I'm sure it will be worth it. Meanwhile, since I'm back "on my own" you are all welcome to visit my shop, pretty much any time.

Tim Z.
GA Russell

Post by GA Russell »

Sounds like a terrific vacation! Hope it happens next year!
Rapira Swedish Supersteel
Fitness
Lijun badger
Gillette 1948-1950 Super Speed