What I don't understand

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
AACJ
Bot Monitor, Poll Lover

Post by AACJ »

honkdonker wrote:
What say ye, moderators? Please do something, as by allowing this hateful man, you make this board look like crap. No offence, of course.

Let's see the hate that this post brings. Some are all for free speech, except for when I call them on their own.
Please rest assured the moderators are watching this thread.

As long as everyone stays civil, I believe it should stay open.

I will trust you all as gentlemen to keep it that way!
Art

"This world would be a much better place if people didn't enjoy being victims so much." - Reggs
honkdonker

Post by honkdonker »

AACJ wrote: [
As long as everyone stays civil, I believe it should stay open.
No offence, AACJ, but are you saying behavior such as his is civil? If so, then the logical extension would be that EVERYONE should behave like that. I don't think that is what you are saying.
baldchin

Post by baldchin »

javyn wrote:I think I know what the next topic on Shavebong is going to be :(
New Avocado Formulation Approved by Opus Dei?

Never buy a razor from a man with leprosy and gingivitus?

Baby-seal-fat pre-shave oil?

Communist Harvard graduate shaves stolen dog?

Park flashing Scientologist insists on smooth cheeks?

Gillette 5 year plan?

Godless Communist Shaved Hitler?

Weak minded Capitol Building bomber propositions Hillary Clinton?

Little Red Book Holds Key to Mao's Shaving Rotation.

Shooting Kennedy more fun than shaving?

Ear and Teeth picking - SuperSpeed best tool for job?
Will

If it's smokin' it's cookin', when it's black it's done.
AACJ
Bot Monitor, Poll Lover

Post by AACJ »

honkdonker wrote:
AACJ wrote: As long as everyone stays civil, I believe it should stay open.
No offence, AACJ, but are you saying behavior such as his is civil? If so, then the logical extension would be that EVERYONE should behave like that. I don't think that is what you are saying.
I was making a general comment that was not directed at anyone inparticular, but directed at everyone as an attempt to keep this thread from getting out of control. We as moderators have to walk a fine line to decide what and what isn't appropriate for the good of this site. The poster of a thread we have to edit usually feels we were wrong in editing it as it us usually his opinion. We as mods don't like to have to censure posts as everyones opinion IS valued, but when it starts crossing some lines, we have to step in and try to moderate the tone of the thread.

So gentlemen, lets try to keep this thread to topic and keep the barbs on our own sides of the fence.
Art

"This world would be a much better place if people didn't enjoy being victims so much." - Reggs
honkdonker

Post by honkdonker »

Thank you for encouraging people to post without personally attacking other members, as is the manner of some.
FrancisDeSales

Post by FrancisDeSales »

Will,

You very nearly cost me a pair of underpants!!! I'll still be laughing days from now!!!

And everyone, please know that the above is absolutely sincere. I really am laughing. My sides hurt, in fact, from the exertion of it.

Franklin in Atlanta
"The Catholic Church is like a thick steak, a glass of red wine, and a good cigar."
[GK Chesterton].
Tye
Watch this space!

Post by Tye »

honkdonker wrote:Thank you for encouraging people to post without personally attacking other members, as is the manner of some.

Isn't a comment like this a veiled personal attack against certain members of ye olde forum? Just wondering.
Contributing Member to the Cause
FrancisDeSales

Post by FrancisDeSales »

And, for any who still doubt the sincerity of my apology posted oh so long ago, I will offer this: I am a catholic, even though a bad one. If I were offering a sarcastic apology, it would not include the most damning line a prayer from the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, the Confiteor.

From now on, everyone, take it as a given that if I say "mea culpa", I AM striking my breast and saying "through my own fault" in utter sincerity.
"The Catholic Church is like a thick steak, a glass of red wine, and a good cigar."
[GK Chesterton].
obsessis

Post by obsessis »

Are you guys too old to pull the 'my dad is going to beat up your dad' card?
joseph
Joe Lerch

Post by Joe Lerch »

honkdonker wrote:What say ye, moderators? Please do something, as by allowing this hateful man, you make this board look like crap. No offence, of course.
I suppose it's better to send a PM berating and cursing out a new member fror something he said. Did you forget doing that?
Joe
smf64

Post by smf64 »

What a coincidence. I just found a copy, in case he needs a refresher.
Maury
Joe Lerch

Post by Joe Lerch »

FrancisDeSales wrote:Sorry, Joe, but that apology was intended as absolutely sincere. It says something about Big Ren that he recognised that I was being sincere, and accepted my apology like a man.
Fine! I'll take you at your word, and I apologize for misunderstanding your sincerity.
Joe
obsessis

Post by obsessis »

did somebody say something about an smf brush?
joseph
Joe Lerch

Post by Joe Lerch »

Tye wrote:Isn't a comment like this a veiled personal attack against certain members of ye olde forum? Just wondering.
It sure is. And this is a guy who sent a PM to a new member slandering me and currsing him out for disagreeing with a post! The member was so taken aback that he forwarded the PM to me privately.

Needless to say, this guy is far from sincere. He carried on so much that I eventually published the PM with the member's permission. If he denies this, I'll tell everyone where to find the PM.

This is not a personal attack. I'm telling you factually what he has done so you can take it into consideration with his post.
Joe
Tye
Watch this space!

Post by Tye »

From what I've read of his posts it seems he likes to say things, then try and hide behind a moderator when things get a little to rough for him. He'll be back, make another poor attempt at a putdown or something, then when he's called on it, he'll run to the mods again.
Contributing Member to the Cause
FrancisDeSales

Post by FrancisDeSales »

Fine! I'll take you at your word, and I apologize for misunderstanding your sincerity.
Apology accepted. My kid sister used to use "Fine!" all the time. I assume you meant it some other way.
[GK Chesterton].
rtaylor61
Old Spice

Post by rtaylor61 »

Gents,

I believe this thread is designated as a place to discuss the Fusion and the business practices of Gillette. Please, let's get back on topic. Nothing of this off-topic discussion can be settled via posts...the mud just gets deeper. If you want to post on this thread, post directly to the topic. If you want to continue your other "discussion", please do it through PM's, email, putting on gloves and meeting in a ring, or anywhere else you so desire...just don't do it here.

Randy
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." J. B. Books
Joe Lerch

Post by Joe Lerch »

smf64 wrote:What a coincidence. I just found a copy, in case he needs a refresher.
Thanks Maury, I was trying not to identify you.
Joe
Joe Lerch

Post by Joe Lerch »

rtaylor61 wrote:Gents,

I believe this thread is designated as a place to discuss the Fusion and the business practices of Gillette. Please, let's get back on topic. Nothing of this off-topic discussion can be settled via posts...the mud just gets deeper. If you want to post on this thread, post directly to the topic. If you want to continue your other "discussion", please do it through PM's, email, putting on gloves and meeting in a ring, or anywhere else you so desire...just don't do it here.
Sorry, Randy! You're absolutely right. The only consolation is that the conflicts seem to have been worked out.

Despite my dislike of Gillette, I have found the last two systems to be improvements and the Fusion a winner. But it's not so much for us as the guys who don't make it here. At least they'll now get a comfortable good shave for their money (and more of it). They are doing wet shaving, and there's a chance they could end up here if they really start enjoying shaving.
Joe
javyn

Post by javyn »

I'd like to try the Fusion, if Gillette mails me one for free like they did to everyone in the free world over 18 when the Mach 3 came out.
John