New handle for my Muhle R41

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
ShadowsDad

New handle for my Muhle R41

Post by ShadowsDad »

Today was a day when lots of things arrived by USPS.

One of those items was a new handle for my R41. The OEM handle was just "ehh" for me. I love the shave head, but the handle was always too long and too slick. We lived together, but there was no real love on either of our parts for the other. So I ordered a new Stainless handle from UFO handles in Spain. I'd checked with the US manufacturers I knew of and all the handles were too big and heavy for my taste. I wanted to do it once and do it right.

http://www.uforazorhandles.com/

It was a pleasure doing business with them BTW. The handle shows an attention to detail that really put a smile on my face when I opened the package. It didn't hurt that it came with a Certificate of Authenticity and that it was a prototype. I had in mind what I wanted, contacted them and was told they had what I was looking for.

Aristocrat knurling, not sharp, but grippy. It's a really nice handle.

Edit: corrected spelling
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
Rambler

Post by Rambler »

Looks good.
--Greg
smoothshaver

Post by smoothshaver »

Nice (and effective) looking handle. Use it in good health.
-Ed
brothers

Post by brothers »

Great looking handle, and I'm not just saying that. I mean that Aristocrat pattern is the perfect look for your razor. What are your plans for the old handle?
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

No plans for it Gary. It's wrapped and in storage waiting for whatever. I'll never use it again.
Brian

Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
clark

Post by clark »

ShadowsDad wrote:No plans for it Gary. It's wrapped and in storage waiting for whatever. I'll never use it again.
I call dibs
Clark
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

Clark, Gary beat you by 10 minutes. If it turns out he doesn't want it you're next.
Brian

MaxP

Post by MaxP »

Great looking new handle. Congrats.

I completely agree with what you've done by replacing it. The stock Muhle handle left me feeling less than secure.

I've used both a Tradere and am Ikon handle on mine. Either is a significant step up.
Regards,

MaxP

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle." - Abraham Lincoln
bbqncigars

Post by bbqncigars »

I put a skinny Weber handle on mine. The Ikon bulldog handle just didn't do it for me.

Wayne
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." A. Brilliant