Homebrewers unite! Sign the White House petition!

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
AACJ
Bot Monitor, Poll Lover

Homebrewers unite! Sign the White House petition!

Post by AACJ »

Homebrewers unite! As you may have heard, there are staff in the White House that brews beer for the President. Apparently it is a Honey Ale. Although I am not a fan of this administration, as a homebrewer myself, I would welcome the opportunity to brew this beer.

If they receive 25,000 signatures on the White House petition, they will release the recipe. So, all of my fellow homebrewers, please go to the link and sign the petition as well. I am signature 9172.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petiti ... n=shorturl
Last edited by AACJ on Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Art

"This world would be a much better place if people didn't enjoy being victims so much." - Reggs
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

I got a "404 page not found" error message.
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
AACJ
Bot Monitor, Poll Lover

Post by AACJ »

Fixed now.
Art

"This world would be a much better place if people didn't enjoy being victims so much." - Reggs
kronos9

Post by kronos9 »

And in order to sign this petition, you're required to create an[other] account.

Right now I have quite enough accounts, userids, and passwords to last at least a decade. I'm prohibited from commenting on local news stories without "Creating an account". The local grocery store wants me to create an account to reap insignificant savings at overpriced gas stations. The list goes on.

AACJ, I'd help you out if it weren't for that issue. Happy brewing. :D

Sorry for the rant.
Ed
AACJ
Bot Monitor, Poll Lover

Post by AACJ »

Actually you don't have to create a user name with password and all. It just asked me for my first and last name and zip code, then to verify my email address (they have a no spam policy). Once I recieve the verification via my email address, I simply hit the "sign the petition" button and I am done. I am not sure if it's a one time thing or not account wise, since I didn't need to create a username/password.

It was very simple.

But I do understand your concern, I hate carrying around those super saver club cards on my keychain, so I don't. I cut all the bar codes out and taped them to a piece of thin cardboard, then pull it out when I am at the store.
Art

brothers

Post by brothers »

I'm all for it. I'm wondering if I should delay my vote until sometime after election day, though.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Re: Homebrewers unite! Sign the White House petition!

Post by rustyblade »

AACJ wrote:Although I am not a fan of this administration, as a homebrewer myself, I would welcome the opportunity to brew this beer.
Got to love how Americans can make everything political. Why even mention it?
Richard
AACJ
Bot Monitor, Poll Lover

Post by AACJ »

Because I don't want anyone to think I support this president, I am only interested in the beer recipe.

rustyblade wrote:
AACJ wrote:Although I am not a fan of this administration, as a homebrewer myself, I would welcome the opportunity to brew this beer.
Got to love how Americans can make everything political. Why even mention it?
Art

drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

rustyblade wrote:Got to love how Americans can make everything political. Why even mention it?
then:
AACJ wrote:Because I don't want anyone to think I support this president, I am only interested in the beer recipe.
QED.

Chris
To whom beer is more important than presidents and kings.
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
cjc15153

Post by cjc15153 »

Having signed, this now strikes me as one of the sillier petitions, but certainly likely to get more than a polite nonresponse. Still, I figure it is good publicity for homebrewing.
brothers wrote:I'm all for it. I'm wondering if I should delay my vote until sometime after election day, though.
You may as well sign now. There is a less-than-even chance that no beer will be brewed by the next administration.
--
I am Chris #6. No relation to Nikki.
brothers

Post by brothers »

How can anyone living in the WH not give in to the temptation to fire up the old still (or brewery) down in the basement, and then late at night when the women and children are sleeping, the guys go down and shoot a little pool and smoke some cubans and wash it all down with a belly full of whiskey or beer, or both? Dang it, boys, you can't get it any better'n that!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Bobwhite

Homebrew

Post by Bobwhite »

I have so little on common with this administration, that I've got to assume that it will taste like toilet water.
AACJ
Bot Monitor, Poll Lover

Post by AACJ »

It worked! The White House released the recipe! Last I checked, there were still a few thousand signatures needed...

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/respon ... eer-recipe
Art

cjc15153

Post by cjc15153 »

One can tell from the video that the WH always intended to make this information public and they were just trying to generate a little buzz. Nonetheless, the video is interesting. Several founding fathers made their own whiskey (cinnamon flavored!), beer and wine. I really would like some loosening of laws governing distilled spirits, but I don't see that on tap by any foreseeable congress.
--
I am Chris #6. No relation to Nikki.
brothers

Post by brothers »

Gary

AACJ
Bot Monitor, Poll Lover

Post by AACJ »

Yep, I got that feeling from it too.

cjc15153 wrote:One can tell from the video that the WH always intended to make this information public and they were just trying to generate a little buzz. Nonetheless, the video is interesting. Several founding fathers made their own whiskey (cinnamon flavored!), beer and wine. I really would like some loosening of laws governing distilled spirits, but I don't see that on tap by any foreseeable congress.
Art

owenm

Post by owenm »

AACJ wrote:It worked! The White House released the recipe! Last I checked, there were still a few thousand signatures needed...

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/respon ... eer-recipe
A little surprising, the use of German and English hops and yeast - looks nice though; I'd definitely consider doing an all-grain version of that.
Cheers,
Owen