Hugo Boss?

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
Gene

Hugo Boss?

Post by Gene »

My brother-in-law was tasked with finding some Hugo Boss by his mother. I see an opportunity to perhaps recommend something else.

I look online and see terms like spicy, lavender and citrus in describing the scent. Is there another recommendation I could get from our panel?

Oh - they aren't "cheap" but they are looking for highly affordable...less than $40.00 if possible.

I don't do colognes so I have no clue on pricing them out.
Gene

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."
Mark Twain

"People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
Alan Moore
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

I thought D.R. Harris Windsor smelled like Hugo Boss, but I'm not sure it's in your price range. You can always get a free sample by requesting one via email. Depending on the reaction and price you can decide how to move forward.

Chris
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

It's pretty close to your price range I think. Check Straight Razor Designs for example.
Regards,
Gordon
Gene

Post by Gene »

Thanks guys, I will pass it on.

I promise it's not for me! It's for some in-laws, who might not be aware of the vast range of traditional scents.

Really.
Gene

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."
Mark Twain

"People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
Alan Moore
Shave4Fun

Post by Shave4Fun »

Gene,
I like Hugo Boss #1. It is a very potent scent and is quite long lasting. Designer scents can be so "department store", but I think this is a classy EdT. My wife says it's too powdery for her, but she likes Boss #6, and so do I.

For price, try http://www.fragrancex.com/products/_bid ... rands.html

Best,
Roger
Roger

I've been a wet shaver for 56 years! 8)
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

You're not alone Roger, apparently a good number of others like it as well.
Regards,
Squire