FS: 2 Duke 3 in Best and a custom Rudy Vey Shavemac

Got something to sell or trade? Feel free to post in this group!
TRBeck
Soapgeek

FS: 2 Duke 3 in Best and a custom Rudy Vey Shavemac

Post by TRBeck »

Well, in the end, nothing beats the SR 3122 with an occasional bout of boar, at least for me, so these three must go.

First up is a custom Rudy Vey handle with a Shavemac knot. The handle is resin-stabilized Mesquite, as impervious to water as any resin handle. Turned in a Persian Jar style, the handle sits beautifully in the hand. The knot is a Shavemac Finest, which I like for its blend of soft tips, superb flow-through and ample backbone. Similar to a shortened-up BK4 knot or a less dense Simpson Best IMO. The brush was used every other day for about 5 months. It was ordered at 23/46 and comes in closer to 24/48. Lathers like a champ.

$90 shipped

Next I have a pair of Duke 3s. I bought these together when they turned up on Superior Shave. Essentially a matched set, with identical specs at 23/46.5 per Superior Shave's site at the time of purchase. They feel identical on the face. The one on the right in the picture was used 5 times; the one on the left was used 30 times. I love these; they feel very much like my old Somerset Duke and are shaped similarly, slightly crowned fans. I wish I could hold onto them, but neither finances nor psychological well-being will allow it.

I paid $115/ea.; looking to get $95/ea. shipped.

Payment via Paypal. Not seeking trades. Prices quoted above are for CONUS; shipping elsewhere at actual cost.

EDIT: The Duke on the left with 30 uses has sold.

PM if interested.
Last edited by TRBeck on Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,
Tim

Why should we not meet, not always as dyspeptics, to tell our bad dreams, but sometimes as eupeptics, to congratulate each other on the ever-glorious morning? - Henry David Thoreau
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

if you happen to have a chubby 3 lying around, drop a note please

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

Sorry, Clive. No Chubbies around. Nor any other badgers save the three listed and my trusty SR 3122, which I am keeping.

The Duke with 30 uses has sold.
Regards,
Tim

Why should we not meet, not always as dyspeptics, to tell our bad dreams, but sometimes as eupeptics, to congratulate each other on the ever-glorious morning? - Henry David Thoreau
greyhawk

Post by greyhawk »

That RV is some kind of beautiful.
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

That RV is some kind of beautiful
19 thumbs up to that that sentiment. I would have bought it instantly if it was a bigger brush...whoever buys it is getting a sweet deal

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
JRTASTER

Post by JRTASTER »

Tim,

Sent you a PM yesterday.

jrtaster/john