New Brush to SMF: Zenith, made in Italy, sold in Australia

What kind of shaving brush do you use? Tell us all about it!
brothers

New Brush to SMF: Zenith, made in Italy, sold in Australia

Post by brothers »

While searching for a brush I came across a fellow in Australia who sells barber and hairdressing supplies. He was (is?) selling a few Zenith boar brushes on ebay, but not the one I bought from him. I wanted the larger brush, and he emailed me to say he has 4 in stock, so I bought one. Shipping from Australia was only 7 days.

The loft measures 27mm by 65mm. The bristles have split marvelously, and it's a beauty. After a thorough breaking-in, I can say it is an excellent brush. Bristle loss during break-in was minimal. The brush now joins my Semogue 2000 and Omega 49 boars on the counter. The handle is a shiny chrome-like finished durable heavy plastic. The label is a thin black screened ink, that probably won't last very long.

Here's a link to the Italian manufacturer.

Image[/img]
Last edited by brothers on Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Post by brothers »

Today's shave with the Zenith and a cake of Harris Marlborough soap was luxurious. Loaded on the soap for a full minute, and the brush made so much lather it was literally flying off the brush as I painted it on my face. Very impressive. Made more than enough lather for three passes and a big handful of lather left over.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

Gary,

That brush looks just like an Omega Pro 48. Could it be one in the same?
Johnny

"Younger than some, older than most" - Wet shaving for 50+ years
brothers

Post by brothers »

It has a similar shape, but not exactly the same. It's not an Omega. It's made by that other Italian company. The bristles are lighter in color than the Omegas, and finer.
Gary

bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Altesse?
Gordon
brothers

Post by brothers »

The link to the manufacturer's website is in the first post. It's an Italian name, Pannellificio Pandolfo, they've been making brushes since 1902, apparently.
Gary

bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Gary, Ah!...okay. That's a new one on me.
Regards,
Gordon
brothers

Re: New Brush to SMF: Zenith, made in Italy, sold in Austral

Post by brothers »

Since I bought my first Zenith brush a few years ago, I haven't seen them written about until just recently when a fellow on one of the forums announced he's importing them into USA. I was excited to see them again, and bought one quite similar to the one posted about above, except it has a red/orange handle similar to the Omega 10049. It's made of premium boar bristles, and is quite similar in look and performance to the Omega 20106. I have both of these in rotation nowadays, and today I used the Zenith B3. It's a fine lathering brush, not a leather hog, and very soft on the face when it's wet.
Gary

mpols1968

Post by mpols1968 »

Joe at IB is selling a Zenith made Razorock brush which is a rebranded B3 (B06-80N/Nic).
rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

He's also offering a barber-handle brush with a dense synthetic knot that looks like an STF, but he claims it's not. 27.5/51 specs, with a glue bump that drops effective loft to 47mm-ish. The price is right, but that's an awfully short loft for hair that in certain configurations exhibits pretty fierce spring tendencies.
Ron