Feather Nanka Gel

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
BeatlesFan

Feather Nanka Gel

Post by BeatlesFan »

Has anyone tried this stuff? I've heard very little about this around here, but came across this review:

http://www.shaving101.com/index.php/pro ... g-gel.html

I think I used it once long ago, but am thinking of road-testing it again.

I'd be interested in anyone else's experiences with this product. Thanks.
Barry

Post by Barry »

I haven't posted here in years.

However, I tried the Feather Nanka Gel several years ago. For the most part, I agree with the review and I think it's nice for a gel. It provides lots of cushion and a decent amount of slickness.

I found that it was somewhat sticky and tended to clog my razors. I've tried it with a DE, a fusion and a feather DX. It is harder to wash off than lather from a soap or a cream and that's the reason I probably wouldn't purchase it again.
joe mcclaine

Post by joe mcclaine »

The aftershave gel (Kanwa?) is a much better product to spend your hard-earned on.
greyhawk

Post by greyhawk »

joe mcclaine wrote:The aftershave gel (Kanwa?) is a much better product to spend your hard-earned on.
Kanwa is excellent stuff, all the better because it is unscented and doesn't compete with soaps/creams or EdT. Unfortunately, I believe it has been discontinued.