Here it is, the ShaveMyFace II brush

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
Johnnie
Shave This

Here it is, the ShaveMyFace II brush

Post by Johnnie »

Gentlemen,

On behalf of the administrators and moderators at ShaveMyFace.com I am proud to announce the 2006 brush.

Bernd Blos of Shavemac has produced another fine looking brush. I'm sure you'll agree to that it meets our standards as well as yours.

In order to participate in the group brush you must be a member of ShaveMyFace.com. If you are not a member please feel free to sign up because this will be the last brush that we make for 2006. As a member you will have 4 weeks to place an order for the brush, which means, the last day to order the brush is Monday March 13th.

Ordering: If you decide to order this brush you must reply to this thread with:

Name: John James Doe
Member Name: jdoe
Initials intended for use: J.J.D.
Email Address: jdoe@yahoo.com

After you reply to this thread, please allow 48 hours for me to respond and send you the private email link. The private email link is the gateway to ordering your brush and is for your use only. Do not share it with another member or anyone else for that matter. I will then email Bernd your information and confirm that you are in fact a member of SMF.com. He will then compare it to your order. If it does not match, it may delay your order or even cancel your order. If you decide that you would like for your order to be kept private please feel free to email me at lopezj75@yahoo.com. All members will be confirmed by Bernd and I.

Important: After Bernd ships your brush you may experience delays with customs for up to a few weeks. Please do not flood Bernd with emails. He will do his best to ensure that it arrives at your home quickly. We know this based on our past experience.

The price of the brush will be $112. There will also be an optional brush stand for $24. Shipping is a flat rate of $12 as long as your package weighs less than 1.5kg, which is about 3.3 lbs. So you can add additional items to your order as long as you don't exceed 1.5kg.

The brush is Olive Wood and will have a gold medallion on the bottom of the handle.

Here it is.

Olive Wood, lacquered and hand polished
With Genuine Silver Tip Badger Hair

SMF II with stand

Medallion on the bottom of the handle in gold
Last edited by Johnnie on Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
mantic
Wielder of the Zorrick

Post by mantic »

Bristle type (pure, super, silvertip)?
Johnnie
Shave This

Post by Johnnie »

mantic wrote:Bristle type (pure, super, silvertip)?
Sorry about that.

Olive Wood, lacquered and hand polished
With Genuine Silver Tip Badger Hair
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

it is silvertip, equal to the first smf brush.

sam
ScottS

Post by ScottS »

Looks absolutely beautiful.

Can the brush mavens maybe post a little prediction about how this brush geometry might feel-- soft,stiff,prickly,floppy, and so on-- for those of us less versed in Shavemac products?

Also, how does the medallion work?? Does it interfere w/ standing the brush on end? (i.e., do you NEED a brush stand??)

Thanks,
Scott
Johnnie
Shave This

Post by Johnnie »

Here is a picture of the first SMF brush with the medallion.

The medallion does not interfere. The brush is not moppy but is very soft on the face. You do not need a stand but it sure looks nice.

J
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

Can someone point me to a picture of a 24mm brush standing next to something for a point of reference? I keep seeing pictures of brushes next to other brushes, so I have no idea how big they really are.

I'm also concerned with the brush's ability to stand on it's handle as that is how I keep mine. (edit - never mind. Answered above)
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

ScottS, the medallion will not interfere with you standing the brush on it's end. The silvertip will be the same type used on the original brush. It will not be floppy or too stiff. This is a quality brush that should last you years.
mantic
Wielder of the Zorrick

Post by mantic »

Looks nice, but its not different enough from 'SMF I' for me to get it. Still, based on my experience with 'SMF I', I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

--Mark
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

Let's get this ball rollin'

McNutt
A L W
Last edited by McNutt on Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
DavidB

Post by DavidB »

That is one beautiful brush! Nicely done. I'm a small brush guy (22mm knot or smaller), so this one's a bit big for me, but dang, what a looker.

Dave
z

Post by z »

I can't say that I've ever used a 24mm brush or a Shavemac. Can anyone share how well the first SMF brush worked? I would consider this olive brush if it were mostly function over beauty. That is not to say that I don't like the olive wood (natural wood is beautiful), but I would just prefer something a bit different.

I think that the olive wood is very nice, but I personally like the design of the first brush a lot more (that red stain is just beautiful). Unfortunately, I was not around to pick one up when it was offered. I have been checking out different combinations on Shavemac's site though, and this special SMF brush is certainly a nice option.
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

z: the first smf brush was the first shavemac for many of us, myself included. i had bought it because of the community brush, it being one that is part of the forum, and because the handle looked so great. but its use is what hooked me. that brush sucked my face and it so contrasted with my kent bk8 ( a beautiful brush in its own right) that i sold the kent. the kent tended to splay flat against my face such that i was lathering with the middle to the end of the bristle. not so with the shavemac smf brush. it tends to collect the cream on the outer bristles and the lightbulb shape seems to keep it from splaying flat as much as the softer brushes. the brush itself is soft. i now have 3 shavemacs and no other brands

sam
Johnnie
Shave This

Post by Johnnie »

For those of you who are unfamiliar with Shavemac, here are some threads from the first SMF brush.

http://www.shavemyface.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2353

http://www.shavemyface.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2240

J
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
Justso

Post by Justso »

Z,

Shavemac brushes are by far in my opinion the very best on the market. Bernd's work is top quality and the price is about 1/2 of what he could really charge for his products. I've had a Shavemac brush for about 6 years now and it gets used everyday. The silvertip bristles he uses seem to massage and really contour to the face, rather than fanning out. He explains this by his packing technique. I'd have no qualms if I were you in purchasing a Shavemac. Certainly, in the unlikely event that you don't like it, someone will surely take it off your hands if you post it for sale on the forum. Shavemac brushes don't seem to stay for sale very long in the selling forum. That should tell you something right there.

-Justin
texasPI
Inspector of Beards

Post by texasPI »

Johnnie seeing as how I don't have a middle initial, would it be possible to use my first name Erik?

Darn it guys, I have a scheduled delivery for my first Shavemac tomorrow and now I'm looking at this one. :roll:

Got brush? :lol:
Erik

"Work like you don't need money,
love like you've never been hurt,
and dance like no one is watching."
Aurora Greenway
Johnnie
Shave This

Post by Johnnie »

newbie2de wrote:Johnnie seeing as how I don't have a middle initial, would it be possible to use my first name Erik?

Darn it guys, I have a scheduled delivery for my first Shavemac tomorrow and now I'm looking at this one. :roll:

Got brush? :lol:
Erik,

You can use your first and last initial. I have to take Bernd into consideration when he is making these brushes. Once he starts getting all kinds of special requests, it may get real difficult for him and it can also be very time consuming. I hope you understand.

Johnnie
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
texasPI
Inspector of Beards

Post by texasPI »

I certainly understand Johnnie. No biggie. Thanks
Erik

"Work like you don't need money,
love like you've never been hurt,
and dance like no one is watching."
Aurora Greenway
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

My order has been placed. Can't wait to get it!
Johnnie
Shave This

Post by Johnnie »

McNutt wrote:My order has been placed. Can't wait to get it!

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Johnnie
Keep it Wet