Wool Pants and Suspenders

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
Rambler

Post by Rambler »

I'm with Richard the duck on this one.

Reminds me of this summer when I went to Nordstrom looking for a general all purpose shoe for some boating, kayaking, casual biking, pizza with the relatives in WI, etc. I was set on trying on and picking up some Keens. I ended up with some Ecco sandals through some enthusiasm from the salesman. I have no doubt once I'm around his age I'd quite enjoy them, and I'm even looking forward to it with each passing year. I just wasn't ready yet to commit to the cause just yet (exchanged them). Though some days I do think I'd enjoy a wardrobe filled with some LL Bean offerings. And my foots in the door with some of their cycling jerseys, sunglasses, and sport shorts.
--Greg
brothers

Post by brothers »

Greg, my to-do future wardrobe list probably includes a pair of overalls and a big wide-brim straw hat just like my grandpa wore on the farm. Not just a phrase, but a very distinct memory I have of him. I'm just going to consider myself lucky to be able to live that long and then still be able to go outside and do some work without hurting myself.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Physically I have a small-ish head 71/4 typically (depends on the hat). My wife disagrees, however and has suggested on many occasions that my head is surely larger than the physical size ...... dunno where she gets that thought from ...... :wink:
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
Rambler

Post by Rambler »

Thanks Gary for sharing that story. All of my grandparents passed when I was a really little guy, so it's nice hearing others shared experiences. Sounds like a nice cold glass of lemonade would be in order on days like that.
--Greg
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

You know you have a large head when you start to chuckle at the "one size" (OS) hats.
Richard
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

rustyblade wrote:You know you have a large head when you start to chuckle at the "one size" (OS) hats.
I think we should call you cabbage. :wink:
Bryan
maskaggs

Post by maskaggs »

rustyblade wrote:You know you have a large head when you start to chuckle at the "one size" (OS) hats.
This. I hate "one size fits most" labels, as I am apparently not part of the "most."
Regards,
Mike