Regrowth Is My Problem

New to the world of wet-shaving? Grab a desk and be seated! Welcome to SMFU: A place to learn and compare notes about the ABC's of wet shaving. From brushes to creams, razors and more...We've got it all!
HBK42581

Regrowth Is My Problem

Post by HBK42581 »

Guys, I can't remember the last time I was able to shave my face and not get irritation on my chin directly under each corner of my mouth when the whiskers start to grown back in. No matter how lightly I shave there, it happens. Any ideas??
Scott "The Heart Break Kid"

jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Blade buffing with zero pressure - and lots and lots of water. It works for me every time. But -- be patient and as I say -- zero -- that's zero pressure.

Did I say zero pressure????

:wink:
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
Thalay Sagar

Post by Thalay Sagar »

+1 to Wendell's advice. Using light pressure combined with a very slick lather should give you great results.
Best,
Chris

“Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Rambler

Post by Rambler »

I have a similar problem under my chin. Zero pressure as said above, and for me a bit of skin 'moving' not stretching and an awkward blade angle usually gets it done with just one pass. Otherwise it gets a bit red.
--Greg
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

One thing I neglected to add in my initial post above was that if you hold the razor with the blade at an agle to the cut --- that together with the blade buffing technique takes care of all those nasty scratchies that so often get left behind. So add the angle of attack vs the angle of the blade to my list of suggestions.

Did I say zero pressure yet? :D
Wendell

ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

Wendell, you may have left out maybe the most important factor. Did you mean to also write "zero pressure"?
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

ShadowsDad wrote:Wendell, you may have left out maybe the most important factor. Did you mean to also write "zero pressure"?
:oops:

Oops -- yup, like I said, "zero pressure".

I may have mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it ....

:wink:
Wendell

JarmoP

Post by JarmoP »

I buzz my Braun PocketGo battery electric on corners of my mouth and just below my nose after every shave for a few seconds. No one would notice if I did not. Just me faceturbating.

It is just not worth to try shave every corner when it irritates you. Or try make it a baby face. Hope this helps.
Jarmo
HBK42581

Post by HBK42581 »

JarmoP wrote:I buzz my Braun PocketGo battery electric on corners of my mouth and just below my nose after every shave for a few seconds. No one would notice if I did not. Just me faceturbating.

It is just not worth to try shave every corner when it irritates you. Or try make it a baby face. Hope this helps.
I even get irritation when I used a small foil shaver on these areas, too. :-/
Scott "The Heart Break Kid"