Wife's Mother Passed Away

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
Chaps

Wife's Mother Passed Away

Post by Chaps »

My mother-in-law passed away suddenly while visiting in Florida this past weekend. She had turned 80 on 23 DEC and was enjoying some time with her sister in a retirement community in Ft. Meyers. She had only been there a week before she died. I would appreciate your thoughts and prayers. It has been extremely difficult trying to get her body back to Memphis. My wife received a call from the medical examiner in FL this evening and he told her that the hospital failed to contact them informing them of her mother's passing, which is the procedure they do all the time when someone from out of state dies. So, her mother has been in a local funeral home all this time with no one doing anything to get her home. Very frustrating to say the least.
We went to the funeral home here today and made as much of the arrangements that we could without my wife's mom being back in Memphis. The medical examiner's office should have her body tomorrow and hopefully she will be here Thursday or Friday with a very, very tentative funeral slated for Saturday. I will be preaching the funeral. This has been very hard on my wife and her sister and brother. Again, thoughts and prayers appreciated.

Danny
Danny

"Because I prefer the cool, clean sweep of the tempered steel as it glides smoothly--" Cary Grant as he is shaving in a scene from "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House"
Spenser

Post by Spenser »

Thoughts and prayers going your way Danny.

Bad enough the passing far away from home and then the added delay and the problems related to that is not very comforting for all concerned.
"Life is tough... it's even tougher if you're stupid" - John Wayne
Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family Danny.
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."
brothers

Post by brothers »

Danny, sorry to hear about your family's loss.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
maskaggs

Post by maskaggs »

My condolences and best wishes for the logistics to work out smoothly and ease your time of grief.
Regards,
Mike
Thalay Sagar

Post by Thalay Sagar »

My condolences for your loss and my prayers for your wife's family.
Best,
Chris

“Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Kyle76

Post by Kyle76 »

Deepest sympathies and good luck with the red tape.
Jim
JayTrek

Post by JayTrek »

So sorry to hear this. Praying for your family, Danny.
Regards,
Jason

Upon Further Review...
GA Russell

Post by GA Russell »

My condolences and my prayers, Danny.
Rapira Swedish Supersteel
Fitness
Lijun badger
Gillette 1948-1950 Super Speed
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

At times like these any words I can write or speak have always felt so trite and useless to me. Being there means more.

Prayers and good thoughts will be and are yours.
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Sorry for your bad news.

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Adding my condolences, thoughts and prayers on your family's behalf, Danny.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
malocchio

sad news

Post by malocchio »

So sorry for your loss and grief Danny...hang in there..
Chaps

Post by Chaps »

Thank you so much for the kind words gentlemen. Just got word tonight that my mother-in-law's body should be back in Memphis sometime on Wednesday. Still on schedule for the funeral on Saturday. Thanks again.
Danny

"Because I prefer the cool, clean sweep of the tempered steel as it glides smoothly--" Cary Grant as he is shaving in a scene from "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House"
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

I'm sorry to hear about such a loss in the family, Danny. I'll send prayers for all of you and I wish you peace.

- Murray
SRD

Post by SRD »

Danny you guys are in my prayers. Sorry for your loss.
Dave
Chaps

Post by Chaps »

Final arrangements were made yesterday. The funeral will be this Saturday. Everyone is holding up ok, but I know it will be tough when the family sees their mother for the first time since she passed. I really do appreciate everyone's prayers and thoughts, they have helped tremendously.
Danny

desertbadger

Post by desertbadger »

Deepest sympathies to you and your family.

Regards,
David
Regards,
David
Chaps

Post by Chaps »

I preached my mother-in-law's funeral today and it was the toughest sermon that I have ever preached. But, God saw me through it and He gave me the grace and strength to do it. I want to thank you all for the thoughts and prayers you offered during this difficult time. I remember back in '07 when my mother died and the wonderful support everyone here showed me then and now going through this time with my wife's mom just solidifies the fact that this is by far the most respectful and gracious forum on the web. Many thanks and blessings to all.
Danny