Valobra English Fern Shaving Soap Coming To BullGoose

This forum can be used by individuals who wish to post links or reviews about wet shaving merchandisers. It can also be used by businesses who wish to promote their goods or post special offers!
BullGoose
Vendor

Valobra English Fern Shaving Soap Coming To BullGoose

Post by BullGoose »

I am happy to announce that I have an exclusive deal with Valobra to produce a hard tallow shaving soap with an English Fern Scent. If all goes according to plan, it should be ready for release by the Spring. The pucks will be 100g rounds. Look for additional announcements as things develop.
http://www.bullgooseshaving.com -Rocnel, Barbaros, Boellis Panama, Savonniere du Moulin, Asylum Shave Works and so much more.

- Phil
brothers

Post by brothers »

Well done Phil. I want some!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
BullGoose
Vendor

Post by BullGoose »

brothers wrote:Well done Phil. I want some!
Thank you. They will probably not be ready for sale until late Spring/early summer. I have a 2nd round of samples in the works as I type. If the scent is right, it will be full steam ahead!
http://www.bullgooseshaving.com -Rocnel, Barbaros, Boellis Panama, Savonniere du Moulin, Asylum Shave Works and so much more.

- Phil
fisherc

Post by fisherc »

Sounds great. Are you using the same FO blend as Valobra's "Fougere" bath soap? Or something entirely unique? And to confirm this will be hard soap and not a cream/soap (crop)? Using the same formula as their shave stick?

Chris
BullGoose
Vendor

Post by BullGoose »

fisherc wrote:Sounds great. Are you using the same FO blend as Valobra's "Fougere" bath soap? Or something entirely unique? And to confirm this will be hard soap and not a cream/soap (crop)? Using the same formula as their shave stick?

Chris
Yes, it will be a hard soap using the same soap base as the stick. The scent will be Fougere Royal. I am still trying to dial in the scent.

- Phil
F.W. Fitch

Post by F.W. Fitch »

Yes! Sounds like a good one on the horizon! I'm interested, I'm interested! Great news Phil!

Best,
Fitch
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

This sounds very intriguing. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Chris
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

I love the fougere bath soap. Make the shave soap a little more prominant, or 'loud' with the scent.
rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

If Fitch is interested (he must be, he said it twice), count me in, too.
Ron
Thalay Sagar

Post by Thalay Sagar »

Excellent!
Best,
Chris

“Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Phil, I hope its a huge success.......you really deserve it

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

fallingwickets wrote:Phil, I hope its a huge success.......you really deserve it

clive
+1
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
Nate

Post by Nate »

fallingwickets wrote:Phil, I hope its a huge success.......you really deserve it

clive
Agreed. And we must too, as Phil is going where no vendor has gone before to bring us the impossible. I think more than a smart business move, this is a great service to the wetshaving community.

A most pleasurable win-win. Good luck Phil.
Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

I can't wait for it, good luck Phil. :D
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."
BullGoose
Vendor

Post by BullGoose »

Thanks Guys. I decided to split this project with three other vendors -Two in Europe and one on the East Coast. As soon as these details are finalized I will let you know (as I am sure they will as well). This should make the soap accessible to those on both sides of the pond. 8)

- Phil
BullGoose
Vendor

Post by BullGoose »

UPDATE: We have reached an impasse and have decided to pull out of the soap project. We never received a sample that met our approval and there was one contractual sticking point. So it goes.

- Phil
Dale

Post by Dale »

Bummer.....
Regards,
Dale
brothers

Post by brothers »

Sorry to hear it Phil. Thanks for all of the time and effort you certainly must have put into the project. Sounds like the right decision.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Baloosh

Post by Baloosh »

If they managed to make AOS happy way back when they were just a start-up company (and not part of P&G), maybe a good Fern scent is that much harder to produce?
Jason

Post by BullGoose »

Baloosh wrote:If they managed to make AOS happy way back when they were just a start-up company (and not part of P&G), maybe a good Fern scent is that much harder to produce?
It is hard to say but I think the soap base with the clay scent does make it more difficult to scent the soap the way you would want to. If I had time (and the funds) to fly to Italy and meet in person, I am sure this could have been done. But, trying to coordinate things remotely proved to be very difficult.

- Phil