DR Harris Eucalyptus

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
vtmax

DR Harris Eucalyptus

Post by vtmax »

A new cream from Harris. The English firms are producing new creams at a pretty decent clip these days. I have not tried it yet but early reports are that it is a soft pleasant scent (even though it contains menthol) and has great lather properties. I have really enjoyed RazoRocks Eucalyptus of late so this could be another winner. Good timing too as Gil started a thread on DR Harris Saturday and as Gordon and others noted the consistency and performance of their creams recently are top notch. The recent pot of Harris Almond I received is as good as it gets. I gather they may be around a little longer as a new second location is opening up in Piccadilly. Good show.

Max
fisherc

Post by fisherc »

I just rcvd a tube of the new Harris Eucalyptus. It is a vey mild and pleasant euc/menthol/aloe blend and perfect for anyone who is sensitive to fragranced creams. The lather is top notch as one would expect from Harris. For me I love it as I am tiring of heavily scented creams and prefer the milder and slightly cooling/citric/herbal scented creams. Highly recommended!!!

Chris
vtmax

Post by vtmax »

Chris, If it was anyone I knew you would get your hands on it first! I presume it is color free as well and with no parabens right up your alley. I can't wait to get a pot. Thanks for the quick (chuckle) review!

Max
fisherc

Post by fisherc »

Max:

Yes, it is without colorant and parabens. Which for me is a preference. It's very good stuff.

Chris
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Well, sounds like this one would not be my cup of tea. Still it is interesting and I agree that it's...well....'different' that firms like D R Harris are coming out with new products as quickly as they are now doing. I still wish that they'd translate their 'Fern' bath oil scent into a shave cream, shave soap, and cologne format....sigh. And what's this about them opening a new shop in Piccadilly? That's strange too no?...I mean, Piccadilly is right next to the St. James's area is it not?
Regards,
Gordon
F.W. Fitch

Post by F.W. Fitch »

I have two bottles *discontinued* of their Fern bath oil (and it IS/was) a classy scent! Who takes baths anymore anyway?
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Fitch, Well, I would if I could, and so would my wife. But as you've no doubt noticed it's been many decades since most American 'bath tubs' were actually large enough to comfortably contain even a smallish adult. I'm always hoping to hit a hotel that has one of those old fashioned real tubs that one could truly submerge in. In one of those DRH Fern bath oil would be the ticket. I understand the Savoy Hotel in London has such tubs.....sigh....
Regards,
Gordon
celar36

Post by celar36 »

In one hour I am off to London for bit shopping, If I like the scent I will buy it.
Jack
Exapno

Post by Exapno »

bernards66 wrote:And what's this about them opening a new shop in Piccadilly? That's strange too no?...I mean, Piccadilly is right next to the St. James's area is it not?
https://twitter.com/DRHarrisLondon/stat ... 64/photo/1

Now open if their twitter feed is to be believed. Right next to Burlington Arcade, where a 'Tie Rack' used to be (the photo from twitter matches google street view). It's about a three minute walk between the two locations.
"I don't know whether my life has been a success or a failure. But not having any anxiety about becoming one instead of the other, and just taking things as they come along, I've had a lot of extra time to enjoy life."
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

David, Thanks for the link. Three minutes?....Jeez I knew it must be close but that's absurd. And I think one can buy at least some of their products at Fortnum & Mason as well. And with the rents in that area...I just don't get it.
Regards,
Gordon
Flash G

Post by Flash G »

They are going to do up the building in St. James street. While the builders are at it they are moving all non-prescripton products to the Burlington Arcade and prescriptions down towards Pall Mall.
Eric
celar36

Post by celar36 »

I was in new shop at the weekend, it is small and nice. It will handle traffic while the main one will be close for refurbishment:)
Jack
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Eric, What do they intend by "do up" do you suppose? God, I hope they don't basically alter the shop the way F&M totally re-did their store a few years ago. I've already lost my change to visit so many of these old traditional shops because they've either closed entirely or felt compelled to 'redecorate' their charm out of existance.
Regards,
Gordon
Flash G

Post by Flash G »

Gordon, I understood it to be the whole building was to be refurbished and that they had to move temporarely. They didn't say anything about any changes to the store (and I was to star struck to follow it up ;)
Eric
brothers

Post by brothers »

fisherc wrote:I just rcvd a tube of the new Harris Eucalyptus. It is a vey mild and pleasant euc/menthol/aloe blend and perfect for anyone who is sensitive to fragranced creams. The lather is top notch as one would expect from Harris. For me I love it as I am tiring of heavily scented creams and prefer the milder and slightly cooling/citric/herbal scented creams. Highly recommended!!!

Chris

This says it all!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Eric, Thanks for the reply. Hopefully it won't be altered.
Regards,
Gordon