Monarch of the Glen

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
SRD

Monarch of the Glen

Post by SRD »

I just finish watching all 6 seasons of Monarch of the Glen on Netflix. I really enjoyed this series and now that it's done I feel like I have lost a bunch of old friends. Well done.
Dave
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

+1

The early seasons were especially good. I get a special kick out of Julian fellowes' kilwilly. Great character - who'd have thought he had Gosford Park and Downton Abbey in his pen?
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

is it a funny to watch show or slow moving cleverness??

am currently watching green wing, one of the most bizarre tv shows ive ever seen, but i'm &*#@%# addicted :lol: :lol:

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

It's hard to label it --- day-in-the-life drama-dy, I suppose. It's the combination of the cast and the location that do it for me .... kind of like what Heartbeat did for me while Jeremiah Greengrass was stomping around the village.
Wendell

Kyle76

Post by Kyle76 »

jww wrote:+1

The early seasons were especially good. I get a special kick out of Julian fellowes' kilwilly. Great character - who'd have thought he had Gosford Park and Downton Abbey in his pen?
Wow, I never made that connection! Of course, it was way before Downton that we watched Monarch.
Jim
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Kyle76 wrote:
jww wrote:+1

Wow, I never made that connection! Of course, it was way before Downton that we watched Monarch.
Funny thing is that Fellowes' Kilwillie (spelling corrected from original post) was no different than he seems in real life -- at least that's been my observation in the interviews I have watched with him which came as extras on our BluRay sets.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kilwillie

Wendell

fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Thanks gents, its in the queue

clive

p.s. for netflix fans who might not already know, two decent sites worth looking at once in a while:

http://instantwatcher.com/

http://abetterqueue.com/

both make finding stuff to watch on netflix a little easier :lol:

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

I see that Richard Briers who played the father, Hector Naismith MacDonald died yesterday. He was 79. I really liked the entire series.
Bryan
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Rufus wrote:I see that Richard Briers who played the father, Hector Naismith MacDonald died yesterday. He was 79. I really liked the entire series.
He did some great stuff for sure. The Good Life being a highlite for me.

<<edited for better link>>
Last edited by jww on Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wendell

Rufus

Post by Rufus »

jww wrote:
Rufus wrote:I see that Richard Briers who played the father, Hector Naismith MacDonald died yesterday. He was 79. I really liked the entire series.
He did some great stuff for sure. The Good Life being a highlite for me.
Wendell, this is getting boring :wink:, but I have to agree with you once again. "The Good Life" was a great series, as it had a great script and cast: Richard Briers, Penelope Keith, Paul Eddington and Felicity Kendal.
Bryan
brothers

Re: Monarch of the Glen

Post by brothers »

SRD wrote:I just finish watching all 6 seasons of Monarch of the Glen on Netflix. I really enjoyed this series and now that it's done I feel like I have lost a bunch of old friends. Well done.
We've only just recently found this series on Netflix. I have no idea why we never watched or even heard of it before. We're enjoying it quite a bit.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444