Alpa Fougere Eau de Cologne

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
Craig_From_Cincy

Post by Craig_From_Cincy »

Michael, if you would like a sample of these three Aloe scents PM me your address and I'll send them to you.
Cheers,

Craig
malocchio

Post by malocchio »

brothers wrote:Malocchio, you might check with Gary at Shoebox or Phil at Bullgoose to see if their sources can obtain them. Just a thought.
,.....my thoughts as well,these guys are great !
cjc15153

Post by cjc15153 »

Excited by the thought of buying Wild Fern by the gallon, I pulled the trigger on this. Phil at Bullgoose shipped as quickly as I had heard. Unfortunately, I preferred the fantasy to the reality.

The scent does not remind me at all of Wild Fern. More than anything, it reminds me of Spanish Leather the day after I've worn it: powdery, vaguely floral, very slightly animal (though maybe that's just me). It lacks the sharp, soapy scent that I like in Wild Fern.

So much so, that I have to wonder if I am anosmic to what Alpa Fougere has in common with Wild Fern, or if others are anosmic to what makes Wild Fern distinctive.
--
I am Chris #6. No relation to Nikki.
Craig_From_Cincy

cjc15153 wrote:Excited by the thought of buying Wild Fern by the gallon, I pulled the trigger on this. Phil at Bullgoose shipped as quickly as I had heard. Unfortunately, I preferred the fantasy to the reality.

The scent does not remind me at all of Wild Fern. More than anything, it reminds me of Spanish Leather the day after I've worn it: powdery, vaguely floral, very slightly animal (though maybe that's just me). It lacks the sharp, soapy scent that I like in Wild Fern.

So much so, that I have to wonder if I am anosmic to what Alpa Fougere has in common with Wild Fern, or if others are anosmic to what makes Wild Fern distinctive.
It's more in the style of Houbigant's Fougere than Wild or English Fern.
Cheers,

Craig
brothers

Post by brothers »

For now, I'll go by 2 factors. Today was the first day I applied it lightly before work. First, the wife didn't tell me it smelled bad, but that doesn't mean she won't do just that next time, which will kill it for me. And secondly, I kind of like the way it smells, and it lasts more than just a few minutes.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Craig_From_Cincy

I wore the Alpa Violet to work for the first time today and I was pleasantly surprised both by how long the scent lasted and its projection. The scent is bright, delicate and clean. This will be a regular in my rotation. Now I'll have to buy a tub of Trumper Violet cream to go with the scent......
Cheers,

Craig
cjc15153

Re: Alpa Fougere Eau de Cologne

Post by cjc15153 »

I am necro-posting to put my reassessment close to my initial disappointment. I now have both English Fern and Alpa, and while no one would mistake one for the other, Alpa does smell nice and some days (like today) I am glad to have Alpa in rotation..
--
I am Chris #6. No relation to Nikki.