20% OFF on "Before Gillette" book !

This forum can be used by individuals who wish to post links or reviews about wet shaving merchandisers. It can also be used by businesses who wish to promote their goods or post special offers!
robert-00

20% OFF on "Before Gillette" book !

Post by robert-00 »

"Before Gillette" a book for safety razor collectors.
20% off through May 2, 2013
Enter CODE: SILEO (all caps)

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/razors

Thanks!
Robert

Hoos

Post by Hoos »

I'm about half-way through it. It's an interesting read (particularly if you're a patent buff). Waits does a nice job of bringing this little bit of history to life (some of the family details add some meat to what could be a dry subject).

One caveat: lulu.com (or Waits - not sure if its the author's choice or not) uses Adobe Digital Editions and it can be kind of a pain. You need to get their software and, IIRC, it's tied to the machine you download the book to. So you can't download it and then transfer it to a tablet/phone to read on the go.
Brent
Tondeo ergo sum.
robert-00

Post by robert-00 »

Thanks for the good words!
The choice of ePub as the the e-book format was Lulu's.
I have installed a non-adobe ePub reader on my iMac, it works via Firefox and seems better the the Adobe reader.
Below is a link to other free ePub readers for Window and Mac
Hope this helps.
-Robert

http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-ti ... -software/
brothers

Post by brothers »

Robert, I'm taking a shot in the dark, are you the author? Just curious. :)
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
robert-00

Post by robert-00 »

Yep. Good guess. O:)
brothers

Post by brothers »

Order has been placed. Thanks!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Hoos

Post by Hoos »

Robert,

Glad to see you are here.

I really appreciate your work. Your Compendium has been indispensable and is a tremendous help.

As my shaving routine and collecting has expanded to single-edges, Before Gillette has become a handy reference.

Thanks for all your hard work and for sharing it with us.
Brent
Tondeo ergo sum.
brothers

Post by brothers »

Robert, I received the new book yesterday. I briefly scanned it from front to back, and am quite impressed with the detailed information you have put together. I'm going to enjoy having it around as a dependable source of hard-to-find razor lore. Some of those very early inventions are remarkable. Thanks for creating this resource, and for giving us a heads-up about where to get it.
Gary