Fooled Again By the Anlophiles in this Club

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
JRTASTER

Post by JRTASTER »

Although most of the more "technical" scent stuff went way over my head, I loved the exchange of ideas in this thread!

My wife and I are cultural anglophiles but my nose can't possibly be so prejudiced. I was a great fan of the original Eau Sauvage, regardless of its country of origin, scent-wise. Among department store types, Aramis' Tuscany has long been good to me...is it truly "Italian" in conceptual origin??

Likewise, Acqua di Parma is one I really like but neither my former girlfriend, who sold tons of International fragrnces in NY Bloomies and L&T in Florida, nor my wife care for it at all.

Not only does my nose fail me , but obviously so does my wallet, if others' opinions mean anything!

Thanks for this thread and all of the expertise presented therein!

jr/John
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

Aramis Tuscany por Homme is one of my favorites too. Very dressy and not for everyday use. The others you list I haven't tried. There was a thread about the Tuscany a few years ago. Lots of folks also liked it, including Gordon if I recall.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

Yesterday I retried the Eau de Portugal and SURPRISE I liked the scent. The balance of limes and others was just right. Maybe I am getting wiser? I did get a small bottle of what I think is old stock Zino Davidoff at ebay and it was different. It was a dab-on type and the new stuff was in a spray bottle, but the old seemed weaker and more alcoholic. I like the new version better. My wife doesn't It's too strong but the old stuff is OK. You can't win.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Tuscany....yes, well...what I think I said was that of all the 'dept. store', 'designer' sorts of scents that have shown up since around 1980 Tuscany was one of the very few that I would wear....wasn't bad. I agree that it was/is a more 'dressy' sort of cologne; not for day to day wear, at least not without a coat and tie here in Florida.
Regards,
Gordon
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Ouchmychin wrote:Yesterday I retried the Eau de Portugal and SURPRISE I liked the scent. The balance of limes and others was just right. Maybe I am getting wiser? I did get a small bottle of what I think is old stock Zino Davidoff at ebay and it was different. It was a dab-on type and the new stuff was in a spray bottle, but the old seemed weaker and more alcoholic. I like the new version better. My wife doesn't It's too strong but the old stuff is OK. You can't win.
how different is this portugal compared to the trumpers version?

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

I don't know. Maybe someone will post this comparison, at least I hope so. Wore it again last night. No complaints or compliments.
Ouchmychin (Pete)