Grey Flannel

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
Craig_From_Cincy

Grey Flannel

Post by Craig_From_Cincy »

I was in Walgreens this evening and noticed that they had Grey Flannel on sale for 50% off, so I purchased a bottle a bottle on a whim. I originally wore this cologne in the 1980's, it was the first 'grown up' cologne that I ever wore. I put some on tonight and was pleasantly surprised by how much I still liked this modestly priced cologne, it smells much as I remember it. The initial spray is rather strong, but as it dries down a nice violet comes forth and sticks around for a good while. The oak moss is (surprise surprise) toned down from my memory, but otherwise all seems well with this scent. It's a clean scent to me, one with a fairly strong projection and a little goes a long way, so apply conservatively. A good bang for the buck in my book. Has anyone else tried grey Flannel recently?
Cheers,

Craig
Squire
Squadron Leader

Re: Grey Flannel

Post by Squire »

Not recently, no, but I do recall it from years back.
Regards,
Squire
joe mcclaine

Post by joe mcclaine »

Got sent a sample a few months ago from a poster on Basenotes.

It's nice enough, but a little to safe for me. I would always take the 'beefier' Fahrenheit all day long.
SRD

Post by SRD »

I use it all the time. Like it as a summer evening wear. You are right about it's projection. A little goes a long way.
Dave
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Dave would you be a little more specific about the scent notes you find in Grey Flannel.
Regards,
Squire
SRD

Post by SRD »

Squire on application this scent is very green (oak moss) on me and dries down to a very clean lavender. I suppose it could be characterized as violet. After dry down the overall impression is clean, subtle and long lasting. Perfect for a warm summer's evening IMO.
Dave
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Thanks Dave. Do any of you fellas using Grey Flannel detect a hint of cucumber?
Regards,
Squire
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Squire wrote:Not recently, no, but I do recall it from years back.
Long before my scent sensitivity days I wore this stuff it was by far one of my favourite scents because of the cleanliness of the fragrance. They also did a lemongrass as I recall which was also nice.

Alas, my sensitivities prevent me from wearing anything beyond skin food and Thayer witch hazel.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
Bargepole
Beam me up Scotty

Post by Bargepole »

It's great stuff. How it's held up to the oakmoss nonsense, I don't know, but my last bottle was about 3 years ago and I was surprised how good it still smells. The ionone (violet) kick-start was not quite as surprising as it was once, but still a splendid summer smell. Glad to have been reminded of it; the bottle's now out of the Fridge of Shame and on the bathroom shelf for a spell.
Michael

People say it's never too late. How wrong they are. --Felix Dennis
John Parker

Post by John Parker »

Have a bottle and a half of each the edt and aftershave splash. Very nice! Bought mine from TJ Maxx. Strong initial blast, but quickly dries to what is for me violet. Very nice spring and summer scent.
John