Coate's Tea Tree, Sandalwood, Lime, Rose, Almond & Lavender

Got something to sell or trade? Feel free to post in this group!
btafan

Coate's Tea Tree, Sandalwood, Lime, Rose, Almond & Lavender

Post by btafan »

November 2013: I've acquired the rest of the entire stock of Coate's and am going through some changes, so please contact me at btafan@gmail.com for any inquiries, or visit my website at http://www.CoatesCream.com and mention Shave My Face for a discount. Thanks!
Coate's! I have lots and lots of Coate's shaving cream! And in all six of the scents they made for a period of time: Tea Tree, Sandalwood, Lime, Rose, Almond and Lavender. They've been sitting in an air conditioned warehouse for several years until I came across them on sale a few weeks ago at a candle supply shop. I was still waiting for my first DE kit to arrive so I didn't know what Coate's was, but I did a little googling and decided to take the plunge and bought a box of each. Since then I've been selling and trading them to fellow wetshavers and I've enjoyed meeting people and getting into this great hobby with a splash. Now I'm branching out of my initial forum to spread Coate's to more people who want to experience Coate's while they're still usable and before they disappear forever. There are a few that are slightly dehydrated but I always try to check all tubes I send out by giving them a slight squeeze to check the firmness, but of course I can't guarantee they'll all be in perfect condition. However, I've heard nothing but positive feedback from those who've used them, saying they're "stellar lather fiends" and "ridiculously lather-y."
Iphone Photos:
Last edited by btafan on Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:57 pm, edited 21 times in total.
-Andy
Teiste

Re: Coate's Tea Tree, Sandalwood, Lime, Rose, Almond & Laven

Post by Teiste »

Andy , I will get 6 of the lavender ones.Let me know if thats possible since I dont care for the other scents too much.

Thanks a lot.
F.W. Fitch

Post by F.W. Fitch »

I have a similar request as "Teiste" above me. Would it be possible to buy 7 in Lavender? Many thanks for making these available and for your efforts to send them all out!
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Fantastic find Andy, I don't actually need anything but I'm glad to see you are offering these out to does who want them.
Regards,
Squire
btafan

Post by btafan »

F.W. Fitch wrote:I have a similar request as "Teiste" above me. Would it be possible to buy 7 in Lavender? Many thanks for making these available and for your efforts to send them all out!
Absolutely, I updated the post to make it clear you can get any combination you wish. So for 7 Lavender that would be $20, and just mention the 7 lavender in the paypal note. Thanks!

You guys sure like Lavender, so far everybody's been choosing them over the others. At the other place I sold them lavender was the least popular, so I'm glad you all are looking forward to the extras I have.
-Andy
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

It's not the scent Andy it's the efficacy. One would think the only difference in Coates creams are the scents but not so, their Lavender is the most effective shave cream I have ever used. The other scents shave about on a par with other top notch creams but the Lavender is exceptional, an opinion shared among the more knowledgeable members of the shaving community.

Be sure and keep some for yourself.
Regards,
Squire
rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

I'd buy a slew of the Limes and one of the Tea Tree if I could. If there's any left by the end of next week . . . but I highly doubt it. Good find.
Ron
gil3591

Post by gil3591 »

i'll take 2 rose, 2 sandalwood, 2 lavender. going to send payment now. the holy grail of shave cream!thanks
Gil
futur/EJ357/ gillette redtip
iridium ,blue IP
thater, shavemac.anchorset/tgn,sr3226
dirty bird
and a prayer
F.W. Fitch

Post by F.W. Fitch »

So for 7 Lavender that would be $20, and just mention the 7 lavender in the paypal note. Thanks!

Hi Andy - I sent you payment (twice) for my Lavender order. You'll see...I left you a brief note with payment(s). If you could get Ron above me, to give you his address by pm here ...I'll pay for a 7 tube order for him this morning also.

Welcome to the forum Andy. Good way to meet you and appreciate your kindness sir!
btafan

Post by btafan »

Squire: Woah, I knew the lavender was stronger in scent than the others but I didn't have the refined technique to notice the differences between creams in general. I knew I would learn from the knowledgeable members on this forum and I certainly have! I currently have the option to purchase up to thousands more tubes so I'll certainly always have a lifetime supply for myself.

rsp1202: What kind of "slew" are you needing? If you want more than 25 then PM me and we'll work out a discount. Don't worry about me running out, I can get my hands on more than you could ever use. :)
-Andy
river1

Post by river1 »

Andy, I have never tried the Coate's before and just sent an order to you. Looking forward to trying this cream. doug
Nothing will be accomplished if first all objections must be overcome...
gsgo

Post by gsgo »

Well diving right in on this one!

After all the years hearing about Coates it will be great to finally try the legendary shave cream for myself. Order placed for a couple each of Lime, Lavender and Almond.
Good shaving,

Gary
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Awfully nice of you, old boy!
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
gil3591

Post by gil3591 »

for those that know:,,,,was 50ml the regular tube size? not that it matters now ;-)
Gil
futur/EJ357/ gillette redtip
iridium ,blue IP
thater, shavemac.anchorset/tgn,sr3226
dirty bird
and a prayer
Teiste

Post by Teiste »

Im glad I recently finished a pot of the TOBS lavender cream...Now I know where Im going to put the Coates Lavender shaving cream.

Thanks a lot , Andy !
JRTASTER

Post by JRTASTER »

Andy,

See how fast 25 posts can accumulate??

Sounds like a great deal for Coate's' fans who will appreciate your efforts!

jr/John
Enjoying wet shaving, again.
jr/John
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Good god. Send just one of those tubes to Gordon and he'll make you a moderator!

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Aw Chris, you're giving away our price.
Regards,
Squire
btafan

Post by btafan »

Doug and Gary: I'm sure you'll enjoy them, and sorry I couldn't ship today but I'll get them out tomorrow.

Wendell: Thanks, I enjoy spreading around these extinct Coate's. Did you want any? I could send you 5 tubes at a cheaper shipping rate that I could do at $15 or something if you're interested.

John: It was hard not letting you guys know about the Coate's sooner and circumventing the rules, but worth it.

Chris: Send me Gordon's address and I'll start censoring tomorrow. :wink:
-Andy
F.W. Fitch

Post by F.W. Fitch »

Andy, You should request people, when sending you payment via paypal, to use the 'gift' option so you won't be charged any fees! I just remembered this now. Also, check your PM box if you would. No hurry at all though!