Coate's Tea Tree, Sandalwood, Lime, Rose, Almond & Lavender

Got something to sell or trade? Feel free to post in this group!
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Re: Coate's Tea Tree, Sandalwood, Lime, Rose, Almond & Laven

Post by Sam »

How is Coate's lime? I am out of Trumper lime and was about to really seek out a new lime or get another pot of Trumper but if Coates is a good smell, I could always do that. Anyone?
btafan

Post by btafan »

Sam: I could send you a tube of lime for $4 shipped first-class if you'd like to try it out. It seems awesome to me but I haven't used any other lime creams.

F.W. Fitch: I'm still unsure if I like the no fees from the paypal gift option or the convenience of the shipping integration with the merchandise option. So I'm getting a little of each but It's actually against paypal policy to choose the gift option for merchandise. I know paypal likes to freeze funds and do other unfair things in the name of investigating suspicious activity so I don't want to risk it by asking anyone.
-Andy
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

It's a very nice lime scent Sam, brighter than Trumpers yet still rich.
Regards,
Squire
Jbbmad2

Post by Jbbmad2 »

Thanks Andy, I've sent you an order.
Bruce
Proverbs 3:5-6
Gig'em!
Crag

Post by Crag »

Andy,

I've PM'd you about a 10-tube order, if still available...

Thanks!
Matt

"The 'Path of least resistance' is what makes rivers and Men crooked."
--Ezra Taft Benson
brothers

Post by brothers »

Andy, I just submitted my order through Paypal. Thanks for bringing this remarkable opportunity to SMF.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

And keep your eye on that other remaining supply as well.
Regards,
Squire
btafan

Post by btafan »

Thanks everyone for snatching up these Coate's, and especially to Gary for making a huge order!
I still have lots left so feel free to spread the word if you think it's a good deal, and I look forward to hearing what you guys think about these Coate's cream once you get your packages soon.
-Andy
Teiste

Post by Teiste »

Got my creams on Saturday and used them yesterday.They are all in perfect condition.I pass 4 to a tub of TOBS lavender which I finished like a week ago , so perfect timing for that.The scent is very similar to T&H lavender shaving cream , the best lavender shaving cream I have tried , alongside Tabula Rasa Drak Lavender (enough said for me).Crazy thick and rich lather and brilliant slickness.What a shave , my friends ! Ill be ordering more lavender tubes since I'm truly in love with this Lavender cream.
I was wondering if the Stearic Acid from the Coates and T&H creams comes from tallow , since the thickness is quiet amazing , compared to the other 2 T's and Harris...
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

Teiste, interesting. How many tubes of Coates would it take to fill up a regular sized pot? Im going to order some limes and dont know if 6 or say 9 would work. Any idea?
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

That Lavender is remarkable stuff, one might say in a class of it's own.
Regards,
Squire
gsgo

Post by gsgo »

Andy - my order has just shown up and I am looking forward to giving one of these creams a go tomorrow morning, tough to decide which to use. Thanks for the quick turnaround and chance to give this legend a try.
Good shaving,

Gary
Teiste

Post by Teiste »

Sam wrote:Teiste, interesting. How many tubes of Coates would it take to fill up a regular sized pot? Im going to order some limes and dont know if 6 or say 9 would work. Any idea?
For a 200 ml tub , 4 of those creams will be more than enough.I do cut the tubes and scoop the remaining shaving cream inside too.
ockhams's razor

Post by ockhams's razor »

gil3591 wrote:for those that know:,,,,was 50ml the regular tube size? not that it matters now ;-)
yes it was; check the 10th post from the top viewtopic.php?t=21607.
"always act like you belong to be here." (serge storms, hurricane punch by tim dorsey).
btafan

Post by btafan »

Teiste, I'm glad you enjoy it!

Squire, I gave Lavender another try with a different technique and brush and I am now seeing how awesome the Lavender really is. Really smooth shave!

ockhams's razor, very interesting read, I had no idea about the Time's piece either. And that one member saying that $17.50 per tube isn't expensive floored me. I just want to go back in time to those guys who were scrounging for a couple tubes now that I have access to thousands.
-Andy
brothers

Post by brothers »

Andy, I have great respect for your approach to selling this long-lost treasure to us who'd give our eye teeth for just one of these legendary gems.
I just want to say three things:
1. Thank you!
2. If anyone's holding back, it's OK, go ahead and buy yourself some, as soon as possible. It's as fresh as a daisy, at least the first 6 tubes (one each of the 6 available fragrances) I opened and sampled today are. The fragrances are just as you'd hope they should be.
3. I got mine today. Andy's shipping is lightning fast. I have Coate's in heavy supply, and I'm keeping and using every last one of these precious treats (unless I decide to give some of it away to some young guys I know).
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

Had my first shave with Lavender tonight (THANKS ANDY!!!)

Although not a Lavender fan, I must say this was and is one fine cream.

Anyone holding back, don't! The cream is in perfect condition.
Regards,
Marty
---------------------------------------------------

"Be still! Me mind is a raging torrent flooded with rivulets of thought cascading in a waterfall of creative alternatives."
gil3591

Post by gil3591 »

got my order today, gonna order more right now. thanks andy

this stuff is in great condition and top quality cream. i would advise those that have not tried coates to not hesitate at all.
Last edited by gil3591 on Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gil
futur/EJ357/ gillette redtip
iridium ,blue IP
thater, shavemac.anchorset/tgn,sr3226
dirty bird
and a prayer
rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

Andy, your arrival here has caused the biggest stir since the "Send Rakhi with Sweets to India Online" thread. Welcome aboard, and thanks for the great -- legit -- offerings.

You don't happen to sell chocolates, too, do you?
Ron
never2close

Post by never2close »

I received mine today and I am quite pleased. Aside, from having to explain to SWAMPTHING that these are hard to come by, so when an opportunity presents itself one must act. I don't think she bought it, but a man must do what a man must do.........
Ken