New to de shaving

New to the world of wet-shaving? Grab a desk and be seated! Welcome to SMFU: A place to learn and compare notes about the ABC's of wet shaving. From brushes to creams, razors and more...We've got it all!
Jbbmad2

New to de shaving

Post by Jbbmad2 »

Good evening to all! I'm not new to wet shaving but new to the use of a de razor, brush and the forum. I look forward to learning as much as I can from you guys.

Bruce
Bruce
Proverbs 3:5-6
Gig'em!
CMur12

Re: New to de shaving

Post by CMur12 »

Welcome to SMF, Bruce. We have a lot of knowledgeable wetshavers here and it is a great place to learn.

When I came here, I had used a DE razor years before and I had used a brush and soap. But coming here and finding instruction, both verbal and visual, it all came together in a way that I was able to take it to a whole new level.

- Murray
JRTASTER

Post by JRTASTER »

Bruce,
welcome and enjoy!
jr/John
Enjoying wet shaving, again.
jr/John
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Good morning Bruce, welcome aboard. There's a lot of information archived here so dig around and ask questions about anything that piques your interest.
Regards,
Squire
divotmax

Post by divotmax »

Welcome Bruce; post often and let us know how you are doing. I think you will find wetshaving much more pleasureable once you have really gotten into the brush and bowl experience.
BobS

Life is too short not to use a sharp blade and a good brush.
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

Welcome to the forum!
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
SRD

Post by SRD »

Welcome Bruce.
Dave
razorhead63

Post by razorhead63 »

Welcome to the forum Bruce.
This is a good place with good people, glad to have you here!!

John H.
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Welcome to SMF, Bruce.

Hope you have deep pockets to address the AD which will set in. :lol:
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
Jbbmad2

Post by Jbbmad2 »

Thank you gentlemen for the warm welcome. I've been browsing the pages of information and have picked up valuable ideas to put in to use on my next trip to the sink, but I must say that some of the acronyms do have me wondering a bit. Wendell exactly what does "AD" mean?
Bruce
Gig'em!
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

I'm not Wendell, AD means "acquisition disorder". The prolific buying of gear. There is RAD or razor AD, BAD or blade AD, SAD or SoapAD. You get the idea. Lots of folks go through it and anyone on a shave forum has a higher risk of acquiring it it seems. It appears the virus that causes it can survive through digital scrambling and deciphering to get absorbed through the keyboard and fingers.
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
Jbbmad2

Post by Jbbmad2 »

ha! ok i get it! well so far it's been RAD more than anything else as i've gotten a little carried away with vintage razor acquisition, but i do have a SAD feeling coming on. thanks for the info sir.
Bruce
Gig'em!
pjp_t

Post by pjp_t »

Welcome...but be warned. It starts as an interest and before you know it, it becomes an obsession! A safe obsession, but an obsession none the less! Enjoy!
Jbbmad2

Post by Jbbmad2 »

Yes, yes it does.
Bruce
Gig'em!
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

ShadowsDad wrote:I'm not Wendell, AD means "acquisition disorder". The prolific buying of gear. There is RAD or razor AD, BAD or blade AD, SAD or SoapAD. You get the idea. Lots of folks go through it and anyone on a shave forum has a higher risk of acquiring it it seems. It appears the virus that causes it can survive through digital scrambling and deciphering to get absorbed through the keyboard and fingers.
Thanks for clarifying my acronym disorder. Can't use AD as the label for that --- perhaps AcD? :wink:
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?