Coming Soon -The Huntlee Razor

This forum can be used by individuals who wish to post links or reviews about wet shaving merchandisers. It can also be used by businesses who wish to promote their goods or post special offers!
BullGoose
Vendor

Coming Soon -The Huntlee Razor

Post by BullGoose »

This is just a little teaser. Lee Cantor (Lee's Safety Razors) and I are collaborating on a new razor design tentatively called the HuntLee razor. I do not want to divulge much information at this point but will give a few tidbits. The razor will be fully machined in California, most likely from stainless steel, by a gentleman who designs robotics for Hollywood movie sets. It will be different from anything currently on the market. Beyond that...my lips are sealed. 8)

The project is still in its infancy and we will provide updates as things progress. Stay tuned.
http://www.bullgooseshaving.com -Rocnel, Barbaros, Boellis Panama, Savonniere du Moulin, Asylum Shave Works and so much more.

- Phil
rsp1202

Re: Coming Soon -The Huntlee Razor

Post by rsp1202 »

Phil, we can always count on you to stir things up. Grosvenors, fougeres, nooks <cough> . . . and now Iron Man's razor. Outstanding! The wetshaving community is well-served by your continuing presence. Hope this one sells like hotcakes.
Ron
brothers

Post by brothers »

Phil, you've done it again! Can't wait. You and Lee are outstanding vendors and really good guys.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

It isn't a slant and it doesn't take DE blades.
I like where this is going.
Ron
BullGoose
Vendor

Post by BullGoose »

Thanks guys. Lee and I are really excited about the project.
http://www.bullgooseshaving.com -Rocnel, Barbaros, Boellis Panama, Savonniere du Moulin, Asylum Shave Works and so much more.

- Phil
Craig_From_Cincy

Post by Craig_From_Cincy »

Looking forward to seeing what you and Lee are cooking up Phil.
Cheers,

Craig
RonCall

Post by RonCall »

rsp1202 wrote:It isn't a slant and it doesn't take DE blades.
I like where this is going.
Imagine something like the Cobra but SS and with a good mechanism what a shaver that would be ;-) Whatever it might turn out to be I'll be watching!
“I’m just a spiritual being having a human experience”
F.W. Fitch

Post by F.W. Fitch »

rsp1202 wrote: I like where this is going.
Hopefully the pricing will be more within reach of the man in the street too.

http://www.zafirro.com/products/Zafirro-Iridium.html
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Hopefully the pricing
ROTFL

97 thumbs up phil....i hope its a major success

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
BullGoose
Vendor

Post by BullGoose »

A little update: I met with a product developer in Pasadena this morning and I should have a 3D model made of a resin in about ten days or so. We will probably tweak the model a bit before having prototypes made and tested. Once we are happy with the prototype, it is time to move onto production.

- Phil
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Any chance of some pre-production photos Phil.
Regards,
Squire
BullGoose
Vendor

Post by BullGoose »

Squire wrote:Any chance of some pre-production photos Phil.
Yes...I will be happy to share photos once we have a prototype. The initial 3D model may be quite different from the proto so I probably will not share that or at least will not share it until I can also share the photo of the proto...so you can see the evolution.

- Phil
Craig_From_Cincy

Post by Craig_From_Cincy »

Maybe just a teaser of some sort about the Huntlee Phil?
Cheers,

Craig
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

I agree with Craig, we wouldn't mind a few shots of the prototype, would we guys?
Regards,
Squire
BullGoose
Vendor

Post by BullGoose »

I received a mock-up of the Huntlee razor the other day. Keep in mind that this is basically just a 3D model made out of plastic. The next step is to produce a few Stainless Steel prototypes so we can test it out.

Because the model is an opaque plastic, it did not photograph well but, this will give a very rough idea of what we are up to.

- Phil
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Hmm interesting. How about a straight razor variation?
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

This is something I might be able to be interested in. I sold off my slant bar as it did not work well on my lip or chin. Went back to a Slim Twin and a Good News disposable razor. The regular Merkur razors, DE, do not take off any more or less stubble than the disposables.

I had used a few injector-type razors when this forum was birthed or shortly thereafter and they were not any better at cutting stubble than the Edwin Jagger DE. However, that was before I found blade buffing and maybe this thing might work.

So, keep the prototypes around and if you sell them for something less than the amount of the new ones, assuming they are what you are going to go with, I may want one. I dont know what the price will be but I saw one, a Cobra I think, at Classic shaving and for $169 or so, Ill go back to a TI Straight Razor.
brothers

Post by brothers »

I see what I think is going to be a TTO feature which will be unique indeed, if in fact that's what it will be. I'm going to be very interested to see how well it shaves. My supply of Kai blades are going to fit just fine, I'm thinking.

Edit: I can also see it as a 2 or 3 piece.
Last edited by brothers on Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

I see the ghost of Christmas future.
Ron
BullGoose
Vendor

Post by BullGoose »

brothers wrote:I see what I think is going to be a TTO feature which will be unique indeed, if in fact that's what it will be. I'm going to be very interested to see how well it shaves. My supply of Kai blades are going to fit just fine, I'm thinking.

Edit: I can also see it as a 2 or 3 piece.
It is actually a modified 3-piece design that you do not have to take apart in order to change the blade ( although you can). I will demonstrate the mechanism when the Stainless Steel prototypes are produced. The threading will be standard and you can swap out handles if you so choose.

Also note -there will be two models. One for standard injector blades and one for the Feather pro blades.

- Phil