Embrace the beard

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
brothers

Embrace the beard

Post by brothers »

Every man has a face full of hair every day, so every day we are given a fresh opportunity to cope with this eternal reality in accord with what is important to us as an individual. How we choose to embrace our inevitable beard tells others about who and what we are, and what our beliefs might be.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Squire
Squadron Leader

Re: Embrace the beard

Post by Squire »

It's good that I find cropping whiskers a pleasure rather than a chore but my beard has nothing to do with my self identity or beliefs.
Regards,
Squire
brothers

Post by brothers »

I believe I'll just whack 'em all off every day, and enjoy the process. But I do have options. There are some folks who might receive feedback from some other folks depending on what they do or don't do with their daily crop of whiskers.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
changabang

Post by changabang »

However, if one were a patriarchal Jew, for example, razors would never be a concern at all. There are religious concerns for some ethnicities, but for most of us, as Squire intimates, shaving is a more or less daily ritual we either do or don't look forward to.
James Nicks
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Heck, some of us even reflect back on it and discuss it in detail.
Regards,
Squire
brothers

Post by brothers »

There is power in the manipulation of the innate tendency to grow whiskers. Power to motivate, to aggravate, to intimidate, or to get a date.
Gary

changabang

Post by changabang »

As the great David Byrne of the Talking Heads once sang, "This ain't no party. This ain't no disco. This ain't no foolin' around!"
James Nicks
brothers

Post by brothers »

James Hardin . . . Fear the Beard!
Gary

Araner

Post by Araner »

Embrace the beard
Watch it grow
Then slice it off
With flourish
Brandishing a razor
Like an Italian opera
Shave with gusto!

Yes, embrace the beard

Mike
brothers

Post by brothers »

:D Bravo! =D>
Gary

joe mcclaine

Post by joe mcclaine »

Been shaving for nearly 30 years now, either because it was the law (military) or because it was the 'done thing'.

Now I've stuck two fingers up to all that cobblers and truly am embracing my beard.

Not touched it for a few weeks and am thoroughly enjoying the new me.

Aiming for at least 3 months growth and then? Who knows? Maybe gonna grow me a Yeard.
changabang

Post by changabang »

"Pictures, or it never happened!" :D :D :D
James Nicks
brothers

Post by brothers »

I've always been in favor of "letting your freak flag fly!" How's it looking so far? :D
Gary

joe mcclaine

Post by joe mcclaine »

brothers wrote:I've always been in favor of "letting your freak flag fly!" How's it looking so far? :D
It's nowhere near as full as my old handlebar tache. Scary how white it is too.
brothers

Post by brothers »

OK, Joe, it's been several months now. Do you have a photo of your bushy beard to show us?
Gary

Zemlya

Post by Zemlya »

I go through phases. Sometimes I like to let it grow, other times I just trim it and then there are the months where I shave. I don't shave every day (I don't need to), but maybe every 2nd or 3rd day if I want to keep it clean.

I love shaving and I also love having a beard (not really thick and long though).
brothers

Post by brothers »

joe mcclaine wrote:Been shaving for nearly 30 years now, either because it was the law (military) or because it was the 'done thing'.

Now I've stuck two fingers up to all that cobblers and truly am embracing my beard.

Not touched it for a few weeks and am thoroughly enjoying the new me.

Aiming for at least 3 months growth and then? Who knows? Maybe gonna grow me a Yeard.
OK, Joe, as the man says, pictures, or it never happened! How's it looking these days? :D
Gary