Unbelievable brick-and-mortar hits Southern California !!!

This forum can be used by individuals who wish to post links or reviews about wet shaving merchandisers. It can also be used by businesses who wish to promote their goods or post special offers!
vpayne

Re: Unbelievable brick-and-mortar hits Southern California

Post by vpayne »

Damon,
Long overdo. I hope you grow like crazy.
Get on as a Vendor.....
Very nice.
Vic
SAID JULIET TO ROMEO, IF YOU WON'T SHAVE, GO HOMEO.
Damon Stathatos

Post by Damon Stathatos »

Wow...Wow...Wow...

Thank you all for such a great reception. I feel like the first guy who shot an electron into the center of an atom and experienced nuclear fission. The response has been overwhelming and something I really wasn't prepared for. Again, I thank you, one and all.

To answer some common questions regarding the MdC. I have only the regular scented version, no unscented and no fougere. It is the 200g jar. It is getting a bit cumbersome, communication-wise, to quote actual shipping so we'll just assign an 'average' for shipping, some will save a few dollars and some will pay a few extra, but it's becoming difficult to quote individual shipping rates doing it 'manually'.'

1 Jar - $13 (via UPS ground)
2 Jars - $15 (via USPS Priority Mail)

I have limited this now to two jars as I want as many people who are interested to be able to take advantage of the offer.

If you would like one or two jars, please PM me with your credit card information (the usual stuff, name, card number, exp. date, security code, and phone number, which is for UPS shipments only) and your address.

I should be able to take it from there (fingers crossed).

As to everyone who has already sent inquiries if you don't hear back from me by the end of the day, PM me again, because you've 'slipped through the cracks'...and sorry about that in advance. At some point we'll become like a fine-tuned engine and be able to churn this stuff out, but we're crawling a bit here and just learning to walk. Thank you in advance for your very kind consideration and understanding.

In closing...Shave-On Men, Shave-On
'Winning is like shaving...you do it everyday or you end up looking like a bum' --Jack Kemp
aimsport

Post by aimsport »

Wow. Your store is gorgeous.

All the best!
dfoulk

Post by dfoulk »

Damon,

Absolutely amazing. We need more stores like this.
I only wish it were in my neighborhood.

Also, thank you for offering the MdC deal. This is very generous of you.
I ordered two yesterday and cannot wait to try it out.

To pay back your generosity I'll be sure to place many more orders with you for future supplies.
I'm sure that other members on this and other forums can keep you busy as well.

Thanks again,
David
tailoredfamcam

Post by tailoredfamcam »

I made my order and I'm very excited to receive it!

Next time I'm out in California, I'll have to make it a point to visit the shop!
setldown

Post by setldown »

I too would like to order but sending credit card information on a unsecured, unencrypted connection to a PM box is not very wise. Actually it's downright foolish IMO. I propose the vender set up a Paypal account and conduct business so that his customers are not at risk. But hey it's a free country.
CJames

Post by CJames »

Very cool...Just 30 minutes away!!! Sure I will be seeing you soon!
Damon Stathatos

Thank you to everyone again. The response for the MdC has been tremendous and I apologize again for such lack of organization or foresight, but I had NO idea that we'd experience such an avalanche of interest and communications and support.

As has been pointed out, it is probably not the best idea to attempt to transact via PM's. As such, if you still wish to take advantage of this SMF special offer...all you need to do is to call our store and ask for me, reference that you are calling about the SMF offer, and we'll send the order to you. And so, in short...

To take advantage of the SMF MdC offer,
DO NOT PM me your information,
CALL OUR STORE at 626-795-9308.

I am here everyday from 10 am to 6 pm PST, seven days a week and will be happy to take your phone order. And, if while you are at it, you want to include any other items on your 'wish list,' just ask me about them and I will be happy to include them in your order at very special pricing as well.

We have been open for just a little over one week now and are slowly working out all of our kinks. With the exception of a downed internet line this morning (no credit card terminal, a large sale, and an impatient customer), today was about the smoothest of all. I am confident that we will be farily 'seamless' sometime very soon. We have been in business for over 50 years and an established and well respected company in our community for a reason...because we are reliable, and we strive to offer our customers the very best in customer service and value. We plan no different philosophy in this, our newest venture...The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats.

Thank you all once again and wishing you-all, the best of shaves.
'Winning is like shaving...you do it everyday or you end up looking like a bum' --Jack Kemp
Damon Stathatos

Thank you again, one-and-all. It was a great weekend and things are getting smoother and smoother. A number of forum members were able to make their way into the store and all seemed to have a great time.

I expect to ship out all of the MdC orders received this past weekend, today. It seems as if the mad rush has begun to die down a bit and so, since this was not meant to be an perpetual and ongoing special...

We will accept any phone orders placed through the end of our business today (6 pm PST), at which time we will revert back to our normal, in-store price of $69.95.

I wish to thank the SMF community again for their tremendous support and good wishes. I would invite you all to call me whenever you are itching to chip away at your wish lists. As you can see, we carry a full selection of all of the major brands and will offer any and all of it up to you...at pricing that can not be beat.

Give us a try, you'll be glad you did !!!

https://www.facebook.com/OldTownShaving
brothers

Post by brothers »

Damon, this is astonishing. You've set the bar at a new level.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Ronnie Aloha

Post by Ronnie Aloha »

Damon,

Thank you for your generous offer and for my two jars of MDC. I am looking forward to seeing the store in person and will have my Credit card available for purchases!
Symbolistic

Post by Symbolistic »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

All that product!!!

*drools*
- Luke

Life's too short to waste on bad soaps.
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

I also say, 'WOW!' A most impressive lay-out and a superb and in depth inventory. Could not have done better myself. I await the opening of your branch in Tampa....( quiet hopeless weeping )
Regards,
Gordon
tailoredfamcam

Post by tailoredfamcam »

I received my product yesterday! Absolutely fantastic!

Thank you so much!
Crag

Post by Crag »

Damon,

I recently moved to Riverside, but lived in Azusa all my life and have been shopping at Stats since the 80's buying our seasonal favorites, tiny houses, etc...I am very Glad that you opened this store! Stats has been an icon in Pasadena for Years! Stats has always been a place to take our children and show them what Christmas was all about!

Now I'll be able to take my son and show him all the good stuff in person, instead of tiny pictures online! I expect to go broke the first day I visit! :D

Congratulations!

Matt
Matt

"The 'Path of least resistance' is what makes rivers and Men crooked."
--Ezra Taft Benson
Damon Stathatos

Matt:

No reason to 'go broke' the first day. We're in this for the long term. Come on in when you can, take it all in, and spend some time. Sample the 'stuff,' smell the 'stuff,' and take a few of your favorites away with you. We're not going anywhere and you can ultimately end up accumulating a fine assembly of your favorites. This is the difference between our brick-and-mortar and what you have been used to...blind buys over the internet.

Looking forward to meeting you and sharing your new experience in our store. This is destined to be a great experience for the both of us...and to all in the area.

Shave-on man...shave-on !!!
Mahyar

Post by Mahyar »

Very nice Store. I'll be sure to drop by sometime :-)
Ronnie Aloha

Post by Ronnie Aloha »

Hoping for a Black Friday sale at Stats!!! [-o<