Pashana

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
sgtrecon212

Pashana

Post by sgtrecon212 »

Pretty nice scent, barber-shoppy and manly. Not sexy per se but very nice! I'll put it in my rotation.
Steve
______
Go Cubbies
numcks

Post by numcks »

Love the stuff. Here are my thoughts from my review on Basenotes. . .

Since I'm wearing this today and it's a not infrequent choice, I'll add a counterpoint. I can see where some would be put off by this. It's a definite throwback to British barbershops of times past. It is at the polar opposite end of the spectrum from a "crisp, fresh" scent characteristic of many of the more recent releases scents and popular aquatics. This is a deep, dark, dense somewhat dirty scent anchored by notes of patchouli and sandalwood and cedarwood with subtle herbal overtones (e.g. rosemary). It lasts FOREVER and is quite strong - even in aftershave formulation - and it is a scent that can be stifling if overdone. It is, however, a rich, classy scent that those who appreciate the great barbershop scents of yesteryear (like me) will enjoy.
Cheers,
Mike
m3m0ryleak

Post by m3m0ryleak »

I ran with it for awhile and liked it but over time grew weary of it and replaced with more sublime scents. Still some left in the bottle, perhaps a revisit is in order come colder weather.
Tony

"They say that dreams are growing wild just this side of Burma Shave" - Tom Waits
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

It's definitely Old School, I rather like it.
Regards,
Squire
gruffydd3

Post by gruffydd3 »

It's a great cold weather scent. Does anyone else think it smells a lot like Creed Vintage Taberome?

Regards,
Rick
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

Got a sample of this recently and really enjoyed it. Got a bottle and I'm very pleased. Great scent.

Chris
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Chris, What's your take on the scent? Is it at all comparable or similiar to anything else that you're familiar with?
Regards,
Gordon
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

bernards66 wrote:Chris, What's your take on the scent? Is it at all comparable or similiar to anything else that you're familiar with?
Regards,
Gordon
Gordon, it's like nothing else I've smelled fragrance wise but it does very much remind me of a more masculine baby powder. I don't envision you liking this as it's strong stuff, not subtle at all. It seems like it's a polarizing scent and from some of the comments I've read I can see I'm not too far off on that observation.

I've avoided this stuff for years because of those comments I've read and I got this sample on a whim because I was looking for something powdery yet masculine. It fits the bill nicely for me and even though it's very strong stuff it seems to fade to something very close to the skin on me very quickly, which I like.

I think it best for anyone to get a sample first and I think I got mine from Paul at Connaught. Hope that helps.

Chris
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

One positive is you don't have to worry about the kids swiping it.
Regards,
Squire
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Chris, Thanks. I agree, it sounds iffy for me. Still, if I get a chance to check it out sometime I'll give it a sniff.
Regards,
Gordon
gruffydd3

Post by gruffydd3 »

It's funny how scent is perceived differently. I get no powder at all, just a tobacco scent.

Regards,
Rick
a-cut-above

Post by a-cut-above »

It's strong. I found putting it into my wet hand dilutes it a bit before applying it to my face and tones it down nicely.
Dave

"Sanity is a madness put to good use." - George Santayana (…like a wet shaver with an acquisition disorder.)
flip-68

Re: Pashana

Post by flip-68 »

it certainly is different. because it's like nothing else out there i find it fascinating and enjoy the smell all day. can understand why if turns some people off tho
brothers

Re:

Post by brothers »

gruffydd3 wrote:It's funny how scent is perceived differently. I get no powder at all, just a tobacco scent.

Regards,
Rick
:shock: did I hear someone mention my favorite soap scent?!!! What was the name of this stuff again? Ok, now my birthday gift list just had a new entry!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

From what I have gleaned this is no longer available in the United States until the trademark dispute is resolved. Hopefully this happens very soon.

Chris
JRTASTER

Post by JRTASTER »

EL Alamein wrote:From what I have gleaned this is no longer available in the United States until the trademark dispute is resolved. Hopefully this happens very soon.

Chris
Yes, too bad it's not available in the U. S.; Connaught Shaving carries it the cologne in a 100 ml size and it
doesn't seem all that expensive. Not sure it would be my choice but it does seem interesting!
The "trademark" issue is unfamiliar to me, because, of course, I have never followed this product before
seeing this thread revived.
Thanks for enlightening us!
jr/John
Enjoying wet shaving, again.
jr/John
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

I also was unaware that there was a trademark dispute. But, in any case, is it not true that British shops can no longer ship products with alcohol in them here? ( Well, supposedly they 'can' but the one legitimate means is prohibitively expensive ).
Regards,
Gordon
brothers

Post by brothers »

Someone willing to pay shipping can buy it here, where it's in stock. https://www.fruugo.us/
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

bernards66 wrote:I also was unaware that there was a trademark dispute. But, in any case, is it not true that British shops can no longer ship products with alcohol in them here? ( Well, supposedly they 'can' but the one legitimate means is prohibitively expensive ).
Regards,
Gordon
You hit the nail on the head. It's like paying $50.00 or more for Skin Bracer to get this stuff shipped here. Ridiculous.

Chris
brothers

Post by brothers »

All the more reason for them to get their little trademark issue fixed, so the good vendors here can resupply and sell us all we might need at a reasonable cost.
Gary